Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I got a reply back from GWRRA and they said if I can remember my original number, I could have it back, along with time incurred. While that is pretty awesome, I can't remember it.
John P. Rooney I joined in Beaufort, S.C around the mid 80's or so. QUESTION is..............
Does anybody have a gold book from that time era or any way that my number was recorded somewhere. I sent a reply back to GWRRA but no answer yet.
Thanks everybody. i have enjoyed the forum and have added some pics to my profile.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
When did you get out. I'll look for an old book, (not sure I have any) but I did not join until 1999 so it may not help..

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I was sniffing around you profile and found this picture. I miss my VTX a bit for those short rides around town and my neighbor has a VTX Standard Model. He just put a backrest and Air-Hawk seat cushion at my suggestion so we could take longer rides together.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
roondog, you might try and see if there are some old records from your former chapter exec laying around. the current exectutive just might have them still. You might find a registry that has those members (including you) in it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yuppers, I like my VTX. I bought it pretty much how it looks except for adding the laminar lip and I made the extensions for the shield from plex. It is not thick si it gives a bit, great wind protection and esay to remove. Same with the lowers. I kept the brackets of the Memphis lowers I bought and then started to "experiment" withdifferent shapes. I am still looking for that great shape with the right curves and deflector lips bent in the provide the best wind controll and comfort. i figured metal was easy to work with. Can't bend plex without some great finese.
All in all, the VTX was my first purchase since getting back into riding. The mustang seat provides great back support and even though it is kind of a hard seat, I can spend a good bit of time in the saddle and listen to the "pipes". Vance Hines provides my music.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,
I have been looking around for my old number. I sold my 85 Interstate before I was transferred to Lemoore, Ca to be an instructor. So I reckon I let my membership laps, not sure really how long I was a member.
I joined in Beaufort, S.C. I am trying to contact that chapter. Looking at some old pics, it was Chapter C.
Some names that come to mind was Paul Jank, Foy Brown, Ray Kearns, Mr. Sutcliff. I am sure I will do more research. I wonder if there is an online directory?

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
All in all, the VTX was my first purchase since getting back into riding. The mustang seat provides great back support and even though it is kind of a hard seat, I can spend a good bit of time in the saddle and listen to the "pipes". Vance Hines provides my music.
That Mustang seat was my very next purchase and then from out of the blue I got onto this Goldwing / Victory Vision desire. I had the 1300 Custom model which afforded the least comfortable options like a wider seat and floor boards and set back handlebars.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I always knew I would go back to a goldwing of some year and model. I do like the VTX. The risers make a huge difference. The original design put off alot of people until the risers were on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts