Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The success of the recent Aussie Meet & Greet brought something to mind....an annual GWOF M&G. I know most of us have commitments that restrict how long we can be out on the road. And even those who have the time may be restricted by health, costs, and many other factors. Admittedly, I wouldn't be able to go every time.

But we could do it as regional thing with all invited. For most of us spring or fall would be the best time for weather. Of course those in the far north would say summer is best. So we move it around to a different region each year, scheduled for the best weather with the locals as volunteer organizers, leads and hosts.

OOOH, OOOH, OOOH. If we do it in October, we could call it HalloWing.

I've got two weeks vc in November. I'll probably go to Texas Hill Country or northwest Arkansas or both. If anyone wants to go along and get a preview of possibilities for the next Aussie visit, I'll start making firm plans.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Good thoughts I was thinking about region meet and greets. I would like to figure something similar out for Southeast Wings.

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
I'd like to see it again in N.W. U.S.A/S.W. Canada again. For a first time I don't think it went to bad.
Last time I looked at the furtherest in any direction and suggested Kalispell about in the middle and went from there.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
The bar has been set high with the first two events. So it can be done. I can't make too many promises about making it to events but we will be over there in 2014 if that ties in with your plans it would be a bonus for us.
In future years we may be able to come over for a meet and greet if there is a long lead up to it.
The Australian GWOF Meet and Greet will be in 2017. It will be in Adelaide as all rides start from Adelaide.
Eric and Vanessa

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
And a fine choice it was Ron. Sometime maybe we can organize a full out gig, hard to say how it would come together but would be a hoot. Like the idea of the regional ones too. Not like it would be closed to anyone from elsewhere or anything.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Sounds like a great idea, maybe I'll have my darn bike fixed by next year. :mad:

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
im going to do one in Maryland , just going to ride the 695 loop like 3 times

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
And a fine choice it was Ron. Sometime maybe we can organize a full out gig, hard to say how it would come together but would be a hoot. Like the idea of the regional ones too. Not like it would be closed to anyone from elsewhere or anything.
You mean like a Canada, US. wide gathring, the would be a hoot.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,162 Posts
well the plan this year started out as a meet up at either mid- ohio or pinkerington, oh but all that changed with eric and vanessa's announcement of their trip to the USA

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Texas could have a dandy Meet and Greet by themselves.

·
Premium Member
6,716 Posts
You my friend are a Sick, sick man! No wonder they call you Grumpy!

Mark

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
And if we turn around and go the other way we can put on alot of miles. I'm in with you buddy.:D

·
Administrator
15,302 Posts
I would be very much up for this. The Texas Hill Country would be a great destination or up in the North Carolina/Tennessee area. Of course any destination that gives me an excuse to go for a ride is good with me.

Ref, if you want to do something around the Southeast I'm up for pitching in.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I would be very much up for this. The Texas Hill Country would be a great destination or up in the North Carolina/Tennessee area. Of course any destination that gives me an excuse to go for a ride is good with me.

Ref, if you want to do something around the Southeast I'm up for pitching in.
My preference would be around the BRP. However to be more of a Central location I am thinking of somewhere around the Birmingham, AL. area. We could shoot for the Sept. 29th.....to be in line with the Northeast boys. Let me know what you think

·
Premium Member
24,638 Posts
Well, it's two full days from here to Sturgis, likely another couple to PA or MD (wherever it would be I reckon). I'd ride and send herself by plane so she could save her hiney for the gathering. Hmmmm. Texas would be a full three dayer from here, and other locales would be sort of similar I guess. I'm game and airmiles can do the rest. Now about that work thing...

·
Premium Member
16,740 Posts
I'd go to Sturgis before or after THE Rally, no way during, not into the hubbub and noise. Since most of us moteled it in Kalispell I can see where motels might be a problem during THE Rally. but it's not about me.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I'd go to Sturgis before or after THE Rally, no way during, not into the hubbub and noise. Since most of us moteled it in Kalispell I can see where motels might be a problem during THE Rally. but it's not about me.
+1000.....don't want any part of the rally. I can watch it on TV.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
I'm with Phil ,
It just doesn't sound like fun

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
South Dakota would be a terrific place in many ways, but I too would like to avoid the rally week (by a fairly wide margin). After having a great time at Kalispell I'd certainly be up for an even bigger meet'n greet.

Cheers,
Kerry

·
Registered
49 Posts
How about Colorado? It's pretty central and has a bunch of scenery....most of of which I have never seen. :D Lots of camping and good motels too from what I hear. WingRat

1 - 20 of 39 Posts