Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Rules to Get a Hat:

1. Must complete 1000 miles or more in less than 24 hours with another Forum member in attendance riding along the entire 1000 miles.

2. Or must complete 1000 miles or more in less than 24 hours two up riding, passenger can be anyone (only people count, pets and critters don't count.)

3. The trip must be documented by a forum member with some sort of pics involved because we all love pics.

4. After getting your hat you must post a pic of you wearing it in this thread.

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
Here's ours Dustin......

By the way since you are the keeper of the HATS....What numbers are Janice and I?????

My number comes before hers cause she sits in the backseat. so I crossed the 1000 miles before her. :LaughHard: Thread is now a sticky

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Numbering gets tricky for you and I....

So here is what I think:

Mark and Dustin are #1
Terry and Ken are #2
Doc and Tom S. are #3
Bill, Tom M., and Gordo are #4

Dustin and Erica #1 Two up
Bill and Janice #2 Two up

I think that is correct?

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe we need to get some sort of Pins to go on the HATS for multiple awards and for two up award?

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts
I kind of like that though. Numbering the event instead of the individuals. Neat idea. Plus when you get multiple folks like ourselves they are recognized again.

I am honored to be in your company my man.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
So where is the IBR that is riding with me. I have to get one of the GWOF members here.
If I was to do an IBR at this stage, it would have to be on the 250. Anyone can do it on a Goldwing.:serious:

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
So where is the IBR that is riding with me. I have to get one of the GWOF members here.
If I was to do an IBR at this stage, it would have to be on the 250. Anyone can do it on a Goldwing.:serious:
Nobody WANTS to do it on a 250. :wink2:

Your right, the 'Wing makes it an easy task, you just need to beat the yawning at times.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Nobody WANTS to do it on a 250. :wink2:

Your right, the 'Wing makes it an easy task, you just need to beat the yawning at times.
If I do an IB ride I want it to be different. My 250 is an 1980 single and when it had all of it's horses, it had 25 HP. But it is not as extrem as it seems because our speed limits are 65 mph. This 250 can do 65 mph and it has a safe 200 mile gas range.
And who do you know that has done an IBR on a 36 year old 250. There are some that have done an IB on a big bike, there are some that have done an IBR on an 250 (new and more powerful 250) But is there someone that has an IBR on a 36 year old 250 single?

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
Maybe we need to get some sort of Pins to go on the HATS for multiple awards and for two up award?
Gordo and I prolly won't need the pins. :LaughHard::LaughHard:

I think the first words out of his mouth when he painfully crawled off his bike was "One and Done" :smile2:

·
Administrator
29,002 Posts

Ehhhh not Lee....:kick:

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
That pic from Virginia with the guys wearing their hats should be posted on this thread.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Gordo and I prolly won't need the pins. :LaughHard::LaughHard:

I think the first words out of his mouth when he painfully crawled off his bike was "One and Done" :smile2:

After taking a whole bottle of Advil and sleeping for 2 days I'm actually ready for another GWOFIB ride

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
15,289 Posts
Okay, getting myself down there is the problem. But when I do, you are on.

That pic from Virginia with the guys wearing their hats should be posted on this thread.
Here you go. One from Maggie Valley with myself, Ken, and Terry. The second from Norton with myself, William, Bill, and Ken.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,228 Posts
Reactions: detdrbuzzard

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If I do an IB ride I want it to be different. My 250 is an 1980 single and when it had all of it's horses, it had 25 HP. But it is not as extrem as it seems because our speed limits are 65 mph. This 250 can do 65 mph and it has a safe 200 mile gas range.
And who do you know that has done an IBR on a 36 year old 250. There are some that have done an IB on a big bike, there are some that have done an IBR on an 250 (new and more powerful 250) But is there someone that has an IBR on a 36 year old 250 single?
I was only 3 miles short of doing it on the 30yr old Nighthawk.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
I was only 3 miles short of doing it on the 30yr old Nighthawk.
The Nighthawk has the advantage of speed and my 250 has the advantage of gas range. That should make us even. And with your back ground and training would be able to do it no worries.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts