Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first came to Robbinsville, I traveled the Skyway and took these pics. Glad I did, when we rode as a group we had a couple of broken wings and no one was in the mood for pictures.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The GWOF Meets again....Steve(Ralphumor), Lee(Chopin114) and Phil(Efinref). The Bikes are mine and Chopin's

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Time to Hit the Dragon....a Wet Dragon. Wet wings and a Wet Twisty

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Great pics Phil. Looks like a soggy one. Didn't appear though to turn back riders; at least the hard core or the one's who got committed to the long ride to get there. How was the riding? A great bonding experience too.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Dragon is kind of a Beauty and the Beast.
2nd Photo is Me, Steve, Lee, Steve's Dad Pete and Don.
3rd Photo is Steve's wife Angie, Steve, Lee, Steve's Mom Pat, Pete and Don.
This was a great group of folks. I felt like had known them all my life. GWOF works again and again

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its all fun and games until someone brakes something. After a little miscommunication, we had a couple of broken wings. We had some broken tupperware and bumps and bruises. Steve's bike took the worse of it and had some steering damage. Gotta give it up to the boys...Lee and Steve rode their wrecked bikes about a hundred miles of the most treacherous roads anyone can imagine. Gravel and Mud switchbacks, I wouldn't recommend to anyone....especially on a gimp bike.
This pic is of the aftermath....didn't think it would be appropriate to take a pic while carnage was laying everywhere.:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
After the crash and playing in the mud. We pulled back together to ride the SKYWAY. Before we did we decided to eat at Nut-n-fancy. Pretty goods eats.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Great pics Phil, to bad you guys had rain but you have to make the best of what your delt. Glad you all made it home safe.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
What happened regarding broken Tupperware, steering and bumps and bruises?

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Back to the room...got cleaned up. No hurt feelings.....The GWOF is too strong.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On the way home I rode the Ocoee Ridge. What a beautiful ride. Stopped at Ocoee Dam Diner for lunch. I recommend this ride for anyone and be sure to eat at the Dam Diner.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Great pics Phil. Looks like a soggy one. Didn't appear though to turn back riders; at least the hard core or the one's who got committed to the long ride to get there. How was the riding? A great bonding experience too.
Actually....the rain ran most everyone off. Riding was incredible and you are right about bonding. I think I made friends for a life time. The GWOF folks and their families are incredible.

Great pics Phil, to bad you guys had rain but you have to make the best of what your delt. Glad you all made it home safe.
Rick...the rain just added to the adventure. We were amazed at the folks who stayed at the motel because they were afraid of a wet Dragon. If not for the accident....every ride was incredible.

What happened regarding broken Tupperware, steering and bumps and bruises?
Just a miscommunication between Steve and Lee. Lee turned in front of Steve. Bodies and bike parts were everywhere. Fortunately no one was hurt serious.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Glad everyone was okay after the mishap. I hope Lee's cup holder wasn't damaged. :eek: I know how much he and Ms Vickie love that holder....LOL

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Oh yea, great pics too. That rain is on it's way to PA for the next 2 days. Some places expect to see about 2-3 inches. Ride safe guys...

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I really like the black and white effect on the front fairing on Lee's bike. Is that a stock or custom paint job or is Lee wearing a bra?

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Well now that was an adventure. Anyway glad to see there was no human tissue damage.

Nice pictures Phil & ride report.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Great photo's and thankyou for the report. Rain can put a dampener on things but you keeped on going. Mishaps happen every now and then, so we are sorry that happened. In years to come you will be remember it with a laugh. Eric

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Phil, my closest calls on a bike have always been with other riders at low speed and having some last second change of plan and folks braking quickly or changing lane position, following too closely and bunching up ontop of each other. During these times I also didn't have rider to rider communication and didn't know until too late what the plan was. I love riding with others however have a healthy respect for the dangers involved.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I really like the black and white effect on the front fairing on Lee's bike. Is that a stock or custom paint job or is Lee wearing a bra?
That would be Lee's bra. I have one as well but had to go braless.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A little side note.....Just talked to Steve. He decided to go ahead and ride his wing back to Kentucky. He and Angie are true gamers. She had a bum elbow and to run the Dragon again and ride 5 hours....My hats off to them. That's 2 tough cowboys and cowgirls.:cool:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts