Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would just like to say THANKS to all the gw owners who responded (37 and counting)to my post about a month ago. I was the guy who had his heart set on buying a gw, and then talked to a harley guy, who said how crappy the gw's were on the highway etc. I;m now a proud owner of a 06, 12000mile gw. Thanks again; dean

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Ride what you like and like what you ride. Both are on two wheels. Don't forget to wave to the Harley riders. They don't expect the recognition, so you catch them off guard.

·
Super Moderator
28,447 Posts
Well stated Chopin, some of my best friends ride Harleys. You all have heard of Baskin Robbins & why they make all those flavors.

I'm glad you're happy dean ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. You won't be sorry. Ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Dean
I’m sure you will enjoy it. Nothing is bad going down the road. The wing is just more comfortable than others and you will ride farther. Or at least not be all stove up when you get there.
Mark

·
Registered
172 Posts
Both great bikes but you don't see many 08 Harleys with 100,000 miles on them. I see 2-3 year old wings showing some heavy miles.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Too bad the HD guy who told you that is someone obvoiously without an open mind.I also ride in a group that usually has more HD's in it and i don't mind,a couple of them get their little pokes in,and i give'm back. But at the end of the day we are all able to agree that we all ride for the same reason.So as long as you're enjoying it,who cares what yer sittin'on. I do get a chuckle though when i see a quite older guy wearing his colors and HD patches etc. riding a Wing. If you get to ask them whats up,they usually say their back has had enough,had to get something more comfortable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Shucks, my best friend (of 50 years) rides a Harley. I just request that he let me start my engine first. Otherwise, I won't be able to hear it. Motorcycling is the kick. The motorcycle is just the means.

Enjoy the ride, no matter what.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I could not resist talking about hauling. I could care less what people ride just as long as you ride. The group I ride with has about every brand and we have alot of fun ribbing each other. Even though I have always rode G/wings[except for a few] I still think the Harley is still the best looking bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts