Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GW text badge "GoldWing" was hanging off the side of the bike after sitting out in the sun for about 1 hour or less. I'm in Northern Il. but it was about 90 degrees F that day.

Is this normal and other than putting it back on immediately, what can I do?

Dan

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Sounds like the glue on the back of the emblem got soft and the emblem came off. You may be able to just push it back on, but I would clean the area on the tupperware first. If it won't stick, you can add some glue to the back of the emblem, but I'm not sure that is the best thing for the plastic. Your best bet may be to just buy a new badge and replace the old one. I've never had that happen to any of my Wings. Must have been really hot or in direct sunlight that heated it up.

·
Registered
904 Posts
gw badges are over 70$ use clear silicone. works well. see forumn about melted spots. seems mirror can pinpoint sun to that spot. forumn thread A real hot wing.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
At most auto parts store I know NAPA has it, you can buy some 2 way emblem tape, It's gray with red tape that you pull off, it works great. I used it to replace the chrome piece around the tail light on my 08 when it was replaced under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts