Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning, My husband is hearing a noise when he turns the starter on, but before he completely starts the bike. He thinks it is in the engine, I hear sounds like gurgling. The noise starts out quiet, but then he keeps trying to find the sound and it gets louder. The bike runs great. He heard the noise when he first started to take it in for oil change, we just had it serviced and of course it did not make the sound there, when he had them listen to it. As soon, as he got it home to put in the garage, he heard it again. Not sure if this is normal as the bike is only 6 years old has only 17,610 miles on it. Thanks for any help with this :)

ckdeer

·
Registered
674 Posts
can you record the sound you are hearing then post it?

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
The fuel injectors do make some noise on the 1800, but I've never heard it described as a "gurgling" sound. More of a higher pitch whine sound..

And, welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the quick responses. My husband said no, it is not a whine noise but the sound does come from the front of the motor. And it only last for a couple of seconds. He does not hear it while running. I will try to record and post here in a bit, hopefully :)

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
The fuel injectors do make some noise on the 1800, but I've never heard it described as a "gurgling" sound. More of a higher pitch whine sound..

And, welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..
It sounds like the injectors. My 02 has a similar noise. AS a matter of fact, my Suzuki Boulevard FI had a similar noise.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
possibly an air pocket in the radiator?

Has the antifreeze been checked or any added recently?

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
If I said the word " growling or deep rumbling " noise, would that describe it.
Probably more of a draining noise...much like a compressor Decompressing.
The "growling" noise probably means your ready for breakfast;)

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
possibly an air pocket in the radiator?

Has the antifreeze been checked or any added recently?
Onomatopoetically speaking, a " gurgling " sound would suggest fluids. I have the " low growl ", no gargling. Could be as simple as burping your baby.

·
Premium Member
1,316 Posts
If I said the word " growling or deep rumbling " noise, would that describe it.
My 1st thought was that this would suggest gas HWAAAAA.

(I was trying to play it straight as we have a newbie :D online)

The front of the engine suggests radiator and gurling as well.

I had this happen last year in my truck-I would have described it in same fashion.

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
...........(I was trying to play it straight as we have a newbie :D online)
Best time to break them in. We quickly learn that a thread doesn't remain idle while waiting for an answer. The trick is to sift through the sand and find the oyster with the pearl.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
I'd check the coolant reservoir and the radiator make sure the level are where they should be.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Best time to break them in. We quickly learn that a thread doesn't remain idle while waiting for an answer. The trick is to sift through the sand and find the oyster with the pearl.
"Onomatopoetically speaking" of course!!!:D:D

·
Registered
306 Posts
My 2001 does the same thing, someone had posted a while ago that it was the fuel gurgling when the bike is started when it is hot. Something to do with the hot fuel vaporizing and when the fuel pump is turned on it makes that sound.

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
My 2001 does the same thing, someone had posted a while ago that it was the fuel gurgling when the bike is started when it is hot. Something to do with the hot fuel vaporizing and when the fuel pump is turned on it makes that sound.
This may be the oyster with the pearl answer.

·
Premium Member
8,001 Posts
"Onomatopoetically speaking," Check out the big brain on Chopin!
(Ref: Pulp Fiction)

·
Registered
743 Posts
When shut down hot they will vaporize fuel in injectors and lines, what you are hearing is the pump running, i.e. whine, and fuel lines purging, i. e. gurggling. It is not a problem just the nature of the BEAST! Best of the roads to you.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
It's normal, it's the fuel pump.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.