Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Didn't know this forum existed....hard to keep up with them all!

I'm Lewis Preston...live in Knoxville TN. I'm the proverbial 'bottom of the hill' at Electrical Connection. I've got an 01' GL18, a 93' Interstate that is my usual steed, a 00' Excelsior Henderson SuperX "Jennie" touring model and a Kustom Kulture Hardtail that I have been working on for 4 years....and still have yet to ride.

Started riding Wings in 93 with a Silver Wing and then moved up to an 85 Aspencade.

Lewis

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Welcome to GWOF Lewis. Are you referring to "the" Electrical Connection? You have to get the boss to let you out more buddy; many of us know of 'you' and you just found us?:rolleyes: Just kidding, enjoy the forum...lots of good folks here.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Lewis welcome from the Tar Heel state :)

·
Premium Member
23,766 Posts
I hope to see you next year as I hear rumors that the Goldwing Party is in Knoxville in 2011. I have a " friend " in Dandridge, TN and I might have to impose upon him for a free room and board. P.S. I was a newbie as of last November, time flies on the Wing forum.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Welcome from Winston Salem, NC.

Nice stable of bikes!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Welcome to the board. Doesn't your brother owns a company also? I can't remember which one. Isn't he John Preston of Bushtec trailers? I remember him when he owned Custom touring in Lake Forest many years ago,back in the 80's he did a lot of work on my 1100 & 1200 Gold Wings.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
hello lewis and welcome to GWOF

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't feel too bad Lewis, I just "found" this forum too. Actually Daveo told me about it. So far, so good. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Joe. John is actually my father. Hopefully I'll look as youthful as he does....lol. We started Custom Touring in the garage as the family house. When we reached 8 bikes in the garage, 4 on the front porch and his Wing and my Silverwing on the side of the house, he ended up opening Custom Touring. We were the biggest Markland dealer in the US during their heyday. We started selling trailers; Escapade, Shoreline, Roadrunner, and Bushtec. At one point he went to pick up some Bushtecs and Bill Bushling (the guy that started Bushtec) told dad that he was done and was going to stop building trailers. Dad found a buyer for Custom Touring and bought Bushtec in 89. I came back from military service in 91 and came to work for the family. We moved Bushtec from Cali to Tennessee in 92 and the rest is history. I actually have some pics I need to scan of Custom Touring. Wish I had kept a total of how many Type II radios I installed....

Thanks to everyone else for the welcomes.

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Have spent many enjoyable vacations in Knoxville at the Honda Hoot. Looking forward to making the trip down again next year for the GWRRA Wing Ding. Great riding area with lots to do and see. I need another sticker from the Tail of the Dragon. Ride safe and enjoy the forum..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. I knew you were related, just forgot how. I spent a lot of time and money at Custom Touring, it was a great shop and I remember people would come from miles around to get work done there.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts