Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding my 1996 GL1500. I noticed the temp and fuel gauges lost power and the OD indicator stopped working. Any one out there this has happened to, or any idea what happened.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Could be a bad electrical connection or a fuse/relay blown. Check your manual on fuses and give them a check first.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a blown relay #3 i ordered one from orielly's for 10 dollars it is suppose to be in wed 6-09-10 i will let yall know if it worked compared to buyinh the one from honda for 40

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Gary you should have no problem with the relay you ordered provided the Contact ratings are the same value or reasonably close to the OEM. When all is said a relay is nothing more than the proverbial light switch on your wall. So If you checked that I'm sure you will be good & you would have saved money that you can use for Gas.:D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I put the relay part #PL RY1 in and so far it has worked. I took it on a 130 mile round trip yesterday and a 170 mile trip today. No Problems :) The relay cost 10 dollars compared to 40 from mother honda.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts