Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a great ride with the Mrs. today.. the weather was absolutely great. The views were spectacular and the bike road great. I am so happy with the handling and extras on my Goldwing. :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,521 Posts
Nice, great looking ride in beautiful part of the country.:D

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Glad you had a good ride. Nothing like riding in the country.

·
Premium Member
23,811 Posts
That's my kind of terrain , rugged and tough. Makes me homesick for Arizona. That full-face helmet's lower rims seem to suggest a perpetual smile on you. Why is that ?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yea and if you stop in Marfa in West Texas, there is a gasoline station that sells ethanol free gas.

:)

I am waiting for that stupid subsidy to end one of these years.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
I had a great ride with the Mrs. today.. the weather was absolutely great. The views were spectacular and the bike road great. I am so happy with the handling and extras on my Goldwing. :D
I envy what your doing and seeing Lee....Ride Safe:)

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Yea and if you stop in Marfa in West Texas, there is a gasoline station that sells ethanol free gas.

:)

I am waiting for that stupid subsidy to end one of these years.
And while your in Marfa, spend the night and see the Marfa Lights.....

·
Premium Member
17,037 Posts
So just where is Guadalupe Mountain National Park I've ridden in Texas a few time and can't seem to find in the Atlas :confused:

Found it. Sure enough we were in that area in May of 98.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,118 Posts
not only is ibalee out riding but i don't see a jacket, it warm enough that he can sit outside without a jacket on

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Wouldn't get away without a jacket in these parts, mind you, you wouldn't be on a bike right now either...:rolleyes: Nice looking spot.

·
Premium Member
7,167 Posts
not only is ibalee out riding but i don't see a jacket, it warm enough that he can sit outside without a jacket on
That has to be a jacket on the trunk....

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
update...the AMA managing editor contacted me two weeks ago..last week they sent out a photographer and had him do a photo shoot of me on my wing. I think only one of the 100 photos he took will be in next months issue. Evidently there are going to be a few wings shown ....

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That has to be a jacket on the trunk....
Yes I have several weights of jackets..when it gets too hot I switch..it was cold in the am but warmed up alot by mid day...

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So just where is Guadalupe Mountain National Park I've ridden in Texas a few time and can't seem to find in the Atlas :confused:

Found it. Sure enough we were in that area in May of 98.

If you map out Roswell nm and El paso texas it will take you right through it.....

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's my kind of terrain , rugged and tough. Makes me homesick for Arizona. That full-face helmet's lower rims seem to suggest a perpetual smile on you. Why is that ?

I have severalhelmets two full face..a half and I just started breaking in my Nolan. the black helmet was my rocket helmet...I am particularly fond of it...and many people have noticed the perpetual smile on it....:D

I am doing my Texas IB and 1500 miles in 24 hours weekend after next...I postponed the ride ...it was suppose to be last weekend bu the weather was going to be bad wind, hail and cold at night ....

·
Premium Member
8,344 Posts
Hey Lee,

Do you get any crap from your fellow Iron Butters about earning patches while on a 2012 Wing? I imagine the guy on the 250 Enduro is a bit envious!:D

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tat I earned my first four on the Rocket with only a bug screen. The wing is most definetleyl more comfortable. I have not done an IB ride yet on the wing next weekend will be my first. As for my Rocket I traded it in to cover the extra cost of the wing.....the putz who bought it two weeks ago totaled it yesterday. The guys at the shop showed me...I had it all that time with all the mileage and not a scratch...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts