Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay who in this great group of Wing riders would be interested in a group IBA ride? We would need to set a centralized starting location...and map out an actual ride. We would also need to discuss a few other things ...but for now lets just see who would be interested. We can make a great showing and perhaps write it up and get into the AMA magazine....:D

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I am in!!!!!

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bet if we get enough riders it would make a great article in the AMA....we coudl have photos and write up the adventure...as well. we want to pick an area with long highways....higher speed limits and minimal traffic. Riding in a large group will have a negative affect of slowing us down some....But the benefit is we would have a great ride...

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I could do it also just depends the location , of I have to travel far just to get there then I cant

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I could do it also just depends the location , of I have to travel far just to get there then I cant
That settles it. We start at Gordo's and ride 1000 miles away.;)

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
one of the harley dealers put on a group ride for the iba cert

·
Administrator
15,294 Posts
This interests me and you can count me in. Summer is pretty tough for me work wise. The fall would be better and riding temperatures a lot cooler. But I’m flexible.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts

·
Premium Member
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would recommend staying away from touristy places with a big ride...it will be even harder for a large gourp..we would be better off in open spaces and less traveled areas...jmop. I went to Keywest day nine and it was sooooo exhausting more so then any other day...
we need a town and state count to get a centrally located area....
Roswell NM

·
Administrator
15,294 Posts
Looking at where the replies are from; NM, MN, MD, AL, and MS. How about St. Louis or Kansas City?

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
I'm in as long as I have off at that time my vacation will be almost used up with my trip getting the wife away for a little vacation and the GREAT HOONS on the way, I love the idea.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Don't want to sound negative....but I am real concerned about the logistics of it all. Could we ALL handle averages of 70+ mph. Every stop would be more than 15 minutes. Some of the stations can't handle 10 at one time.
However.....I kinda like Crownfire or Chopin's idea somewhere in the middle. It will be interesting if this can ever take place considering the locations of the potential participants. Someone will have to ride a long way to the start or back home.

·
Administrator
15,294 Posts
Don't want to sound negative....but I am real concerned about the logistics of it all. Could we ALL handle averages of 70+ mph. Every stop would be more than 15 minutes. Some of the stations can't handle 10 at one time.
However.....I kinda like Crownfire or Chopin's idea somewhere in the middle. It will be interesting if this can ever take place considering the locations of the potential participants. Someone will have to ride a long way to the start or back home.
I have no problem with riding fast and far. Fuel stops will be a challenge and if we go 200 to 230 miles and look for exits with multiple stations that may help speed up that process. That can be scouted ahead of time via google maps.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
I have no problem with riding fast and far. Fuel stops will be a challenge and if we go 200 to 230 miles and look for exits with multiple stations that may help speed up that process. That can be scouted ahead of time via google maps.
Good points....I found that 200 miles/3 hours is about the max.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
If we have a big group we can take off in threes or fours.

·
Administrator
15,294 Posts
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.