Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
>... As ya'll know, just purchased this bike. And everything seems to be fine.
But, the panel that one removes to check the oil, the big panel on the left, under seat area, has a pin missing. Got broke off from previous owner.Bottom left pin.

How is it fixed without purchasing another panel. I don't have the pin, the panel is not falling off. But I would like to have it fixed.

Do you find a old panel off another bike somewhere, cut it off and Gorrilla glue it to back of panel ...

What to do, or what do you do ??????

thanks,
two guns

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,003 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Twoguns look on page 2 at my post see if its what your looking for. Hal
Go to e-bay type in gl1500 look there they have the studs there, I have repaired the ABS plastic by getting ABS glue and a piece of ABS plastic get a rasp file and make a small pile of shavings put them in a bowel and mix the ABS glue in to it it will make a nice paste apply this to the point you will be putting the new stud in to. This will melt the two pieces together better then any type of other glue also give the stud something more for support. Just my 2 cents. Hal
If you are talking about this. That is something to think about. Great idea !!!
Should be able to find the ABS plastic somewhere, but never recall seeing the
glue, or just didn't know what I was looking for.....
Would you be talking about some sort of PVC glue ?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Two guns NO!! do not use PVC glue. Go to lowes and find some ABS plastic it is black not white like pvc. They should also have ABS glue its made just for ABS plastic. I bought just the ABS couplings for ABS plastic pipe I did not need a 10ft piece of pipe just a little.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Two guns NO!! do not use PVC glue. Go to lowes and find some ABS plastic it is black not white like pvc. They should also have ABS glue its made just for ABS plastic. I bought just the ABS couplings for ABS plastic pipe I did not need a 10ft piece of pipe just a little.
So, your saying grind up the ABS, pour it into the ABS glue and mix it up ., THE ABS GLUE will disolve and make it a BAS pour material, and pour it into the mold and let dry .... take out and trim. Right or Wrong ? We got mixer !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you dont want your wife to kill you I suggest you dont use her good blender! I would get the pins from e_bay and then grind up some ABS plastic in a small glass bowel you dont need alot. Then add the ABS glue and mix it up use this as your base to put the new pin in.This will give it a much better base then just gluing it to the side cover. good luck Hal

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you dont want your wife to kill you I suggest you dont use her good blender! I would get the pins from e_bay and then grind up some ABS plastic in a small glass bowel you dont need alot. Then add the ABS glue and mix it up use this as your base to put the new pin in.This will give it a much better base then just gluing it to the side cover. good luck Hal
Don't use blender, OK >>>>
I done snuk the mixer to the shop. Now I got to sneek it back....

I let you know how it turns out. Going to be a few days until I get to it.....

Post Script:
Still think that mixer would do a great job on mixing the stuff up good.

Attachments

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you use that blender you better sleep next to your bike with one eye open!!! And if we dont hear from you where should we send the posse to look for your remains haha. Just kiddin with you I think. Hal

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you use that blender you better sleep next to your bike with one eye open!!! And if we dont hear from you where should we send the posse to look for your remains haha. Just kiddin with you I think. Hal
All is well..... Snuk it back in....

In the morning, I'll sneek some of them popcicle sticks them women use in the beauty shop. Oh, yea.... wife owns beauty shop.
They use them sticks to mix up hair stuff and hot wax stuff.... She got boxes of them things. I get a few of them and put in my shop for when I got to mix up the ABs stuff ..... might get some of them blue bowls too !!!!!

I know she won't get mad about them. She said last summer,she didn't care what I did in her shop, as long as I didn't ever bring any more critters to the shop. Them women like to had a fit when I show them what I caught crossing the road. Little Gator >>>>

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Two Guns, somehow I don't think that's a small one. Let us know how the pin grommet repair goes, pics would be good!;)

·
Registered
718 Posts
One of the last few Wing Worlds run an article on how to repair the tupperware on a 'wing. I just can't remember what issue, I haven't ben keeping up on reading them as soon as they come in the mail.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts