Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about changing from the stock grips. Looking for some feed back on what works and what doesn't.

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
Have you thrown a pair of foam " Grip Puppies" over your stock grips yet ? Are you looking for style and / or comfort ?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Grip Puppies for sure. For 10 bucks you can't beat 'em. The hand warmers work just fine through them. They are cheap enough that if you don't like them you won't lose any sleep over replacing them!

I do miss the Kury's I had on my cruiser, but the 'Wing versions are huge and reportedly do not let heat through.

Randy

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
I didnt care for foam grips. Its been several years since I had foam grips on my ST1300. They looked cool but were impossible to hang on to. You could not maintain throttle control with out applying ALOT of grip strength to hold the throttle in place. This led to fatique in short order.
Personally I like the stock grips on a Wing. Save some bucks and leave them alone. My fav grips are on a BMW RT. Those fit my hand the best of any. I live in Arizona so any grip with exposed metal is OUT of the question. Enjoy the ride.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
+1 for the Grip Puppies... Best $10 I ever spent on the Wing.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I like the look of the Kury ISOgrips for the heated Wings. I'd also opt for the chrome bar end weights. For $10 it's hard to ignore the grip puppies tho.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
I'll see your Grip Puppies & raise you the Kury Iso Grips. Understand the 10 buck thing but you guys watse more money on useless trinkets so it's a wash.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'll see your Grip Puppies & raise you the Kury Iso Grips
Well i'll see your Kuy Iso and thrown in a set of Gripp puppies and a pair of chrome bar end weights.

That resolves the grip and the good looks issue all under $30

I think thats check mate :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Another one for Grip Puppies. No issues maintaining throttle control, at least for me and as said earlier, for $10-12 if they're not for you it's no big deal to cut them off.

Respectfully,

Jim

·
Premium Member
23,771 Posts
I just got a pair of double thick Grip Puppies " style " foam overlays. A local riding bud got six pairs for $30 from some member on the " other " forum. As these are too thick for his grip I happily ordered him a pair of official Grip Puppies in exchange for his no name brand.

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
I think thats check mate
You shouldn't ask for the check until we've finished the meal.

You guys enjoy your Grip Mutts.

Oh Prunella!

·
Registered
33 Posts
grips

I had the iso-grips. They did not fit my hands and were very hard. I finally threw them away. I now have aftermarket heated and grip puppies. I have had them a couple of years with no problems and about twenty five thousand miles.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts