Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about Gremlin Bells; While checking over my new to me '88 wing.
I discovered a Gremlin Bell..hidden under the rear fender. Now, I know they are supposed to only be given to you to work,but, does anyone know if it's OK to move one from it's place? It's in rough shape..getting a direct hit from wheel spray & such.
I thought it was a bad place to mount it,but, what do I know? I would like to move it to the front somewhere...is it bad luck to move it?:eek::confused:

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
no bad juju if you move it.

actually, it is suppossed to be low and close to the front to thwart the gremlins as you approach but anywhere is better than nothing

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
That is hilarious-keep in touch w/the bike while moving the bell:D
You can buy one yourself but, it doesn't workas well as if a friend gives you one.
We need to start a new story about your situation, when one finds one on a purchased bike and it's not installed in the proper location:confused:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just keep at least one part of your body touching the bike at all times during the move.
Hahahaha...TOO funny! Do you think that will work?:confused::confused: J/K :D
I know they are supposed to be forward and low...I'll just keep my toe hooked under the rear crash bar & hang the bell on the front one...that should make it work!:D

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
After you move it be sure to toss salt over your left shoulder, turn clock-wise 3 revolutions and ring a gong four times, once each from all sides of the bike. All should be set straight after that;)

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
go ahead and laugh. you cant prove it doesn't work and it certainly doesn't hurt if you do.

BAD juju making fun of bell.

now yer gonna have to take 3 spider legs and wrap them with a 7 strands of hair from a 23 yr old virgin (good luck finding one). Then bury it at the stroke of midnight 3 inches deep in a fresh grave and whisper the secret chant.

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
Oooga boooga zork!! :D :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After you move it be sure to toss salt over your left shoulder, turn clock-wise 3 revolutions and ring a gong four times, once each from all sides of the bike. All should be set straight after that;)
Do I have to be naked when I do that? Or, can I leave my socks on?:D

·
Premium Member
1,413 Posts
I forgot the chant ! Do any of you guys know what it is ? Oh ! BTW my wife qualifies as a virgin , but she is 46 ! Twice the age of the 23 yr.old , will that be sufficient ?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Had a friend who bought a used bike without a bell installed.
He put the bell casually in the left saddle bag. Right saddle bag contained his leather jacket and enough oil for a change.
on the way home, the bag without the bell fell off and destroyed itself on the road.
Oil cans opened ruining his leather jacket.
I would never, ever, even remotely consider riding a bike without one mounted in the front.

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
to post #10. yes if you want to it makes #3 requirement a lot easier and keeps both hands free. pictures are discouraged.

post #9, you nearly gave away the secret chant. be careful

post #10, if we tell you the secret chant, it wouldn't be a secret any longer, what were you thinking? As for discussing your wife, I will step defer to the next poster to elaborate.

Foss, yer up next.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Dang...I have two.
One of them 20 odd years old and on about...Hmmm, 5-6 bikes I guess. I was lazy and put them on the helmet hangers on the GW.
(Perfect fit by the way) Apparently no bad luck in moving them, but now y'all got me shook up over having them on the rear....:eek:
I shall pray about this and get back with you on it.

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
OOOk :
to move the Bell you don't have to get naked !, you don't have to throw salt over your left shoulder !, there is no Secret Chant, you will learn a new chant ! and what ever you do if you have a virgin around don't sacrifice her, that is really bad mojo.
Here is the procedure as I learned here in the N.W. Corner.
If you are left handed you must put your left hand in the right rear pocket of your pants, all work must be done with right hand.
If right handed your right hand goes in the left rear pocket, all work must done with you left hand.
Remove the bell and re-attach it at it's new location, using only your free hand, be careful not to drop the bell it must not touch the ground. Trying to do this using only your weak hand and not dropping the bell will teach you a bunch of new words and new combinations of old words ( you own chant ). If at some point you drop the bell, you must Humbly ask a Virgin to re-attach the bell if no Virgins are available your wife or girl friend will do. Remember you must Humbly ask the Virgin / Wife/Girl Friend, to re attach the bell, while trying to explain why you can only use your weak hand and the other is i in your back pocket.
I have never had to do this as I put it on right to start with.
Best of luck with the move.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Registered
28 Posts
each to their own, but if it was my bike... i would have taken the other guy's bell off as soon as it was noticed [but only after i actually took possession] and replaced it ASAP with one given to me for that bike - a bell is supposed to be given not bought for yourself. your S.O. is not allowed to buy the bell either if they consider the bike "theirs" too... while removing that bell, one must express an invocation that is unique to the bike/day/circumstance and express another unique invocation when installing the new bell. it's always best to let friends/others know you're getting a new ride right away as they also know of the duty to promptly get a new bell to be presented in some ceremonial fashion [including man-hugs, high-fives, hand-shakes, etc.]. the bell stays with that bike i.e. don't purposely remove it but moving it is ok so long as it is not tipped over. if it is acciduncely tipped over, a new ceremonial installation is required.

What to do with the other bell? Who cares - they are the other owner's gremlins ;)

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Enjoy.

I think this is the guy you're all taking about.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts