Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just following the typical forum etiquette by saying hello to everyone.

I am a new Goldwing owner. Had several Honda motorcycles since my youth... and most every other brand too, just never a Goldwing.

I'm guessing there are a few more around here like me, in that my other scooter is a Harley. I love my Harley, kinda like I love my wife... for better or worse. With the Harley here lately, it has been for the worse.

Finally got tired of not having a scooter to ride while the
08 SE Ultraglide is in the shop and decided that I had a need to own two bikes.

I knew that anything I bought had to be a touring bike. I also knew that it was not going to be a Harley... at least not until HD improves their motors and quality control (there I said it and I feel better now). So, for me anyway, the only other touring bike to consider was a Goldwing.

Thought for a few weeks about finding a good used Goldwing, but soon realized that Goldwings hold their value pretty well and for a few $$$$ more, I could just buy a new one.

This last Saturday the Mrs. and I made our way around to three of the Honda dealers in our area. Finally made it to Shawnee Honda that afternoon. Kicked a few tires and visited with a salesman. He finally ask me if/when I was going to buy. He then wanted to know what would make me decide to buy. I told him that someone at the dealers I had visited would have to make me a deal I couldn't pass up. We then proceeded to haggle back and forth for about two hours. Finally got a good price and told the salesman that at that price, I would have to get some "stuff". He moaned & groaned about how they were "not going to make any money on the deal". I finally got about $1K (retail) in accessories and negotiated a 12% discount on other accessories for the next 30 days.

Ok, I know... kinda long-winded. The shorter version would have been to say: I rode a 10 Pearl Yellow home that evening.

So, there you have it.

TRebel :cool:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada trebel and congrats on the new ride. You and the Mrs. are gonna love that bike. I think I've taken mine out twice by myself. Mrs Strat's nickname is Velcro cause every time I turn around, she's stuck on the back.
I still have a warm spot in my heart for HD's but for touring and reliability, you can't beat the Wing.
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Super Moderator
10,043 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Nice folks on here. Enjoy your "canary" and ride safe.

·
Premium Member
24,539 Posts
Welcome TRebel and congrats on your deal. I had to smile as I read your account of your purchase, the saleseman did a pretty fair job on it right up until he started to whine about the 'no money' and then he folded like a tired lawn chair. Good on ya! I'd get used to the Ultra gathering dust though.

·
Super Moderator
15,177 Posts
hello trebel and welcome to GWOF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.