Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused::) It has been some time sence my last visit. This crazy economy!! I have changed jobs twice in the last 8 months. but at least I am working. I still want a wing badly. But I have come seeking your help with another honda matter:confused: :confused:I have a 919 hornet or a cb 900 r. Its an 03 with FI. when the temp drops below 40 degrees the bike is hard to start. I turn the key as allways,and I hear the fuel pump run a few seconds then stop. but then it cycles again and the fi lite comes back on. or it waits till I turn it over,starts. then shuts down and the lite comes on and the pump cycles again. It starts,run a few seconds. Then cuts off and fi lite is on again. It may do this ten or more times before it will stay running. But if I park the bike in my shop,where it can stay warm and cozzy. the bike will start and run as any honda should. So what part of the honda fi system in responsable for sensing temp, or making adjustments for temp changes. I am ok with a wrench. If I have a hint where to start, I think I can fix her. Any advice would be welcome. Thank you oh learned ones.
Signed confused

·
Super Moderator
7,638 Posts
Temperature sensors could be either of the two (IAT) Inlet Air Temp sensor or a water temp sensor. One could be out of spec in colder temps. Hard starting could be an out of spec IACV (Inlet Air Control Valve).

·
Administrator
25,864 Posts
Don't know if this will help, but the connecting wires are listed as one of the most likely causes of balky PGM-Fi operation so check all the connectors. The AITS resistance should be 1-4 ohms; manifold pressure at idle 200-250 mm Hg; Fuel pressure should be 50 psi. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome back....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts