Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I just found this site and joined right away.

I purchased my first Gold Wing in 1979 and put around 33K miles on it until I totaled it in 1983. My first big ride was 6 weeks from coast to coast covering 13K miles (yes, 13,000 miles). What can I say, I was 22 years old, just graduated, was about to start working and knew I wouldn't have a chance like this ever again. I still look back amazed I did that.

After the wreck, I got married, had kids and didn't have a bike until my wife surprised me with a new 2007 Gold Wing for my 50th. No, she doesn't have any available sistes.

I've had it for over 2 years and only recently started taking long trips with my son (13). Last August we rode for 4 days and covered over 1.6K miles! We had a great time riding up to the pan handle, into New Mexico (have you been on the Enchanted Circle?!?) and back through western Oklahoma.

I'm looking forward to riding through Oklahoma to Arkansas this weekend and hoping there are a few leaves left!

Let me know how you are doing!

Ken

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF ken and that first long ride, wow. getting your son involved, priceless. i don't have kids but i have a nephew that just turned 16 in august. i've had himriding my 450 nighthawk all summer and planning some hour long rides for us next year

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa. Sounds like you really enjoy riding and your Wing. Ride safe.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Let me be the 2nd Keystone Stater to welcome you Ken. We have a good bunch of people here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts