Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just following the typical forum etiquette by saying hello to everyone.

I am a new Goldwing owner. Had several Honda motorcycles since my youth... and most every other brand too, just never a Goldwing.

I'm guessing there are a few more around here like me, in that my other scooter is a Harley. I love my Harley, kinda like I love my wife... for better or worse. With the Harley here lately, it has been for the worse.

Finally got tired of not having a scooter to ride while the
08 SE Ultraglide is in the shop and decided that I had a need to own two bikes.

I knew that anything I bought had to be a touring bike. I also knew that it was not going to be a Harley... at least not until HD improves their motors and quality control (there I said it and I feel better now). So, for me anyway, the only other touring bike to consider was a Goldwing.

Thought for a few weeks about finding a good used Goldwing, but soon realized that Goldwings hold their value pretty well and for a few $$$$ more, I could just buy a new one.

This last Saturday the Mrs. and I made our way around to three of the Honda dealers in our area. Finally made it to Shawnee Honda that afternoon. Kicked a few tires and visited with a salesman. He finally ask me if/when I was going to buy. He then wanted to know what would make me decide to buy. I told him that someone at the dealers I had visited would have to make me a deal I couldn't pass up. We then proceeded to haggle back and forth for about two hours. Finally got a good price and told the salesman that at that price, I would have to get some "stuff". He moaned & groaned about how they were "not going to make any money on the deal". I finally got about $1K (retail) in accessories and negotiated a 12% discount on other accessories for the next 30 days.

Ok, I know... kinda long-winded. The shorter version would have been to say: I rode a 10 Pearl Yellow home that evening.

So, there you have it.

TRebel :cool:

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
TRebel,
Welcome to the forum and greetings ffrom Florida.
I like yellow, that's the fastest color and most visible.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Welcome from Ontario Canada trebel and congrats on the new ride. You and the Mrs. are gonna love that bike. I think I've taken mine out twice by myself. Mrs Strat's nickname is Velcro cause every time I turn around, she's stuck on the back.
I still have a warm spot in my heart for HD's but for touring and reliability, you can't beat the Wing.
Ride safe,
Strat

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pa and congrats on your new Wing. Nice folks on here. Enjoy your "canary" and ride safe.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome TRebel and congrats on your deal. I had to smile as I read your account of your purchase, the saleseman did a pretty fair job on it right up until he started to whine about the 'no money' and then he folded like a tired lawn chair. Good on ya! I'd get used to the Ultra gathering dust though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome TRebel and congrats on your deal. I had to smile as I read your account of your purchase, the saleseman did a pretty fair job on it right up until he started to whine about the 'no money' and then he folded like a tired lawn chair. Good on ya! I'd get used to the Ultra gathering dust though.
Budoka, The Ultra has been gathering dust since June 6th at the HD shop. When/If they finally get it fixed, I will still ride it... just not sure the Ultra will be the bike of choice for long trips.

I need to make the Goldwing mine... you know, add a few personal touches. And, more important, need to figure out how to make it comfortable. Thinking the seat will need to be modified or replaced... really needs to be leather. Are there any heated seat options out there that plug up and use the OEM controls?

TRebel :cool:

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello trebel and welcome to GWOF

1 - 8 of 8 Posts