Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been riding for the best part of the past 43 years. Like most I started with dirt bikes and have had almost everything but a Goldwing. I'm currently riding a Suzuki Wee-Strom and it's a great bike, but I'm looking for something more comfortable for long range touring. To be honest I've always been afraid of the Goldwings cause they look so big and heavy. Came to this forum knowing the wealth of information it contains so I can make an informed decision on a used bike. Thanks in advance for any tips you might have to help me on my way. Craig

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
hello craig, welcome to GWOF. i never gave much thought to the weight of a wing it was what i wanted so i bought it then got another about a year later

·
Registered
40 Posts
It looks big & heavy and it is but it's nimble, I pulled a u turn in a double wide driveway yesterday, wife on the back and feet on the pegs. This is a very well balanced bike.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Hello, cigarjack from down in Texas. I've been riding an 2005 Wing for about 2 years; my previous ride prior was a VTX 1300. The Wing is heavy, no doubt, but it is extremely well balanced and handles better, IMO than the VTX which was 150 lbs (dry weight) lighter than my wing. I noticed the weight difference at very low speeds initially, but very quickly got use to the change. With the years of experience you've had in riding (I've only been riding since 2006), I bet you would acclimate to the difference in weight with zero problems. Can't say enough about the feeling of power and comfort that the Wing provides. I love it.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Welcome to the forum. See if you can arrange a test ride or ride a friend's who has one. That is the best way to see if you and the Wing are a fit. Ride safe..

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum .Like everybody said a well balanced motorcycle, you'll love it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts