Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Greetings from "alpland" (aka Switzerland)! Bought my first GW (a 2010, last generation to be built in the US as far as I know) last year and am now waiting to get it back on the road after its winter storage.

Looking forward to getting some insights into my new toy!

Happy travels,

ScubaGuy

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Down Under. Bring on the photo's from your rides. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello scubaguy, welcome to GWOF

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
With your introduction I think we got the world covered here. I'm sure you will find our US assembled Goldwing as reliable as a swiss watch. Pictures of your ride and your rides would be most appreciated over here in the New World.

·
Super Moderator
28,453 Posts
Right back at you Scuba from the Keystone State U.S.A. Great group here. Like the boys said pictures of the ride are good. Post some in the Members gallery, also when you are out riding in your area. We have Eric & co. bringing us the Aussie world so if you bring us the Swiss world we would be grateful.

Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the warm welcomes, Guys! Being half American myself, it does my heart good to see that little bitty plaque with "Built in the USA" on it. ;) The other half of me just wants to get over a few mountain passes!

Here's the only half-way acceptable pic of my ride ... will gladly post more once I get it back on the road in a few weeks.

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome along Scubaguy. Nice Wing, always partial to the red ones, had two of 'em. Shiny side up!

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Glad to have you aboard feller. I got married in Basel way back when. I still remember going to Lake Geneva and walking out on one of the rock levies. I looked down and I said, "Wow, I'm gonna reach down and pick up one of those rocks". Stuck my arm in the water and there was no bottom. Turns out the water is so clear I was looking at boulders some 20 feet down. Some kind of beautiful country you got there. Welcome to the bunch...:) Isaac

·
Premium Member
17,146 Posts
Welcome from the Northwest Corner of the lower 48.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Good choice Suba ! The front nose of your Pearl White Wing looks good. Could you move the red one out of the way so I could get a better view of your bike ?;)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Wing. Like you, I'm waiting for the weather to break to get back on the road on two wheels. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@Chopin ... good one! :rolleyes: Seriously, last year all the dealers I visited had the white GW as a show/demo bike, although I can't really understand why. My (red) red one was a lucky find in that it was only a year old and had all of about 7'000 kilometers on it. The picture was taken at a dealer, who was selling my GW for a customer. I'm thoroughly thrilled with my GL1800 as it has all the 'goodies' I wanted, including the back support! :cool:

@Two Wheel: where in NE PA are you? Went to college in Allentown myself. :)

@DreamWeaver: glad you liked Switzerland, although the "Sound of Music"-like picture (OK that was filmed in Germany) of the country has faded somewhat in the past decades. I'm in the Zurich area, so all the mountain passes and like rides are close, as are the German, French, and Austrian borders (heck, nothing's far away in Switzerland :D).

@all: thanks, again, Guys! Glad I found this site and here's to lots of good information.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome to the site ScubaGuy, nice wing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts