Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just signed up. My 1800 is my second Wing and I continue to be impressed. I was out an about today for about 5 hours and it is an absolute pleasure. Very impressive machine

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Greetings Mate from Pa. in the U.S.A. Good to have you on board.

Ride Safe.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Another Welcome from the Keystone state. Glad you found us. Lots of good folks on here. Congrats on your new Wing. What color?? When you ride "down under" are you really riding upside down??? Just wondering.... Anyway, Enjoy the site and ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF irb253

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
G'day and welcome irb253! Loved riding in Au when we were there in '02. Good on ya for getting a second Wing, what was your first one?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Time zone differences make prompt replies harder. Ist wing was 93 Aspencade. Current one is Blue and an 01 model and no despite the efforts of some car drivers, we try to ride upright. Thanks for the welcome

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
Welcome from the Tar Heel state. Wish you the best and maybe one day I get there for a ride.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi IRB

Nth Qld new owner as well, first Goldwing anyway

09 Luxury model, Silver! Luv'in it......
Maybe catch up on the road one day?

rgds
Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Paul,

Yes, we are moving about more and more so you just never know where we might see each other

·
Registered
835 Posts
G'day mate from Canada! Welcome aboard! You'll be getting ready for winter shortly, no?
Will you have to shut 'er down or can you ride all year?
Strat

·
Registered
150 Posts
G'day mate from Canada! Welcome aboard! You'll be getting ready for winter shortly, no?
Will you have to shut 'er down or can you ride all year?
Strat
Hey thanks Stratman

Where im at is usally very humid & hot so winter for us is cold to me but for some would be perfect.... will ride all year round my friend

Happy days

rgds
Paul

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good to see another aussie here as I thought I was the only one on this site.
As for myself I live in Sydney and ride a Candy Apple Red '95 GL1500A Goldwing with 230000+ kms on it and still pulls like a 16 year old school boy.. lol
As for those of you who live in northern parts of the US & Canada we don't need to stop riding in the winter time as it only snows in the high country & not in our citys as I ride all year round as that is what heated grips & seat are for... lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gidday Strat,

We are settling into the cold period but I wont park up yet as we still get some crisp clear days where the temp is about 15 or so Celsius but with the proper gear on it is comfortable.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tiny,
You never know where us Aussies will pop up. Great riding in your part of the world. Coming up to try it out in Oct/Nov

·
Registered
835 Posts
We typically hit -40C for a couple weeks a year...usually in February. Gives new meaning to the phrase "cold starter" :)
Ride safe,
Strat

1 - 15 of 15 Posts