Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great forum, Im looking forward to knowing my older GW a bit more.

Last night I went and found a beautiful 87 GW Interstate. 99,000 miles, 1200. It has been totally repainted by a PPG rep and looks like brand new. Seems the owner just did a head gasket from running warm, timing belt, new windshield and tires. New seals on front forks and reuphosltered the seat backs. Just an incredible bike. Only thing not working right is the radio...searches for a staion to no avail, hoping something is disconnected...will update when I know...

Any help or suggestions would be awesome...Tried posting a photo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I bet you will get a lot of people amazed at how old it is when they see the condition of it. Looking forward to hear about your rides. Eric

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to GWOF from Down Under. I bet you will get a lot of people amazed at how old it is when they see the condition of it. Looking forward to hear about your rides. Eric
Thanks Eric...I really am amazed at how clean it is, no pitting on crome or valve covers, oh yeah a new trunk was just put on also...I so lucked out for $2900 lol

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
That is a good price for a well keeped wing. A bike like that here would bring between $5000-$8000. I payed $5000 for mine a 1984 1200 and will spend another $2500 to get it where I want it. Eric

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello roliveri, welcome to GWOF and congrats on getting the new wing. check the antenna connection to the radio

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello roliveri, welcome to GWOF and congrats on getting the new wing. check the antenna connection to the radio
I have to figure how it comes out :)...hooked up a helmet to it and the cassette played from helmet but wont play from speakers. Radio is all static from headset but again, nothing from the speakers...

Just need to see how to removed radio and check connections...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a few more pics....Havent had in for 7 waking hours and already put 200 miles on it lol

Attachments

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Welcome Roliveri. Hope you get your radio sorted.

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
The radio should have a switch on it marked HS or SPK, if memory serves me. Make sure it is in SPK mode. Also make sure the MUTE button on the left handle bar isn't pushed in.
The radio removes by using the key to the right of the radio, turn it and the radio should pull out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The radio should have a switch on it marked HS or SPK, if memory serves me. Make sure it is in SPK mode. Also make sure the MUTE button on the left handle bar isn't pushed in.
The radio removes by using the key to the right of the radio, turn it and the radio should pull out.
I will try that now...ty very much....OK...SO...It was NOT set to speaker and a cassette plays through it. Radio still searches for a station and nothing plays from am/fm. Will remove and check antenna connection.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey roliver, My daughter lives in Kennesaw. Are you near there? Maybe next time I'm down visiting I could give you a shout out and we could meet up. I like your bike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey roliver, My daughter lives in Kennesaw. Are you near there? Maybe next time I'm down visiting I could give you a shout out and we could meet up. I like your bike.
Kennesaw is only an hour away...I used to work there. Bu all means look me up!

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Hello Russ and welcome to the form from Pa. Great looking bike.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Congrats on a great looking bike. Really like the color..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Great looking bike! Welcome to the forum from Texas.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
23,773 Posts
I forwarded your thread, roliveri, to one of our members who was looking for some contact info to PPG. GoldDigger is his name and he hails from Petal , MS. Stunning ride. I still think Honda went astray back in 01 when they redesigned the looks of the Goldwing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts