Honda Goldwing Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have not rode in 23yrs and now I am retired from the military (21yrs Army/Navy, and disabled from Iraq) and my youngest is a freshman at Kent State so I found a 84 Gl1200 Aspencade with 34k on it. It has been stripped down and a Harley fairing and tank have been placed on it and has the 2 hard saddle bags. The bike from front ta back has been wrapped to look like a WW2 Bomber. The chrome even has rust facia wrapped on it. I have never owned a Goldwing before but due to my short inseam and the adjusted handlebars it feels nice! I just need big bike lessons. I have owned a 83 KZ550, 83 GS550, 94 BMW R1100RS, and now this. Would greatly appreciate any direction given to make this have a little more pep. I am trying to ride all year, need something to help keep my mind going! I'm a southern boy so any winter riding advice would be greatly appreciated!
Welcome to the forum from SE Michigan and Thank you for your service.

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
I'm originally from the swamps of La. and Bay St Louis. I miss the south when these northern winters hit.
We lived in Bay St. Louis for over 20 years, but moved away 11 years ago. Just moved back closer to the Coast in Wiggins. I also worked in Louisiana at a National Wildlife Refuges around Lake Pontchartrain.

Reactions: RUSHTK

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
We lived in Bay St. Louis for over 20 years, but moved away 11 years ago. Just moved back closer to the Coast in Wiggins. I also worked in Louisiana at a National Wildlife Refuges around Lake Pontchartrain.
I'm originally from Melville by Bunke and Cottonport. Population 600, straight swamp area.

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
Oh yeah, Atchafalya swamp. I worked out of Alexandria for a year back in the mid-80's. Also for the US Fish & Wildlife Service in Lacombe from 2004 to 2009. We lived in Bay St. Louis from 1986 to 2009. Great area for riding year round.

·
Premium Member
2006 Honda GL1800, 1985 BMW R80RT
35 Posts
Welcome! Cool looking machine. Based on your posts and your service history (thank you!), I have no doubt that you will overcome your obstacles quickly.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts