Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,211 Posts
welcome from Michigan !! do take the class and get licensed, do practice in a parking lot, and make sure your bike is ready to hit the road so you can ride the windy nine. winter riding: dress warm, 1200 wings don't have high output stators for using heated gear. performance: there are no mods for a 1200 wing, they do like to be rev-ed so keep the rpm's up

Reactions: RUSHTK and NREMTP

·
Super Moderator
15,211 Posts
It no longer has the controls for shock air pressure. I weigh 237 and was going to find out from you guys some good rear coilovers.
i put progressive 412 shocks on the 1200 wing i had but once done i didn't like it cause the saddlebags have to be removed to adjust them

Reactions: RUSHTK

·
Super Moderator
15,211 Posts
What do u recommend?
i'm not sure if progressive still makes the 416 air shocks anymore but if they do thats what i would get. thanks to Bill and others in PA. i can say that there are some nice roads to ride there but you have a lot of nice roads like the triple nickel, 78 and 60 that are pretty close to you. i'm down that way in marietta at least once every summer

·
Super Moderator
15,211 Posts
I will ask my General if he's been on them. He has a 54 Indian full dresser that was restored by "American Restorations" out west and he rides that thing everywhere.
do a web search of the ohio windy 9 and place an order for the free map

1 - 4 of 4 Posts