Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined a few minutes ago. Today while walking to the campus library on the way to a meeting I saw an old wing parked out front. It instantly took me back to about 1981 or so when I was still riding every day. I had a 1978 Suzuki 550 with a Windjammer fairing that I rode every chance I had.

Unfortunately it was stolen in early '82. I had it wintering in a neighbors garage. One day the neighbor, noticing the bike was gone, asked what I was doing riding in the middle of winter. Of course I wasn't riding and upon further inspection my neighbor realised a lot of his tools were also missing. One very sad and ugly day.

I never let my license endorsement lapse because I knew sooner or later I would buy a bike again.

When the meeting was over today I walked over to the wing and I checked it out. Looked to be an mid 80's model to me probably 84 or 85 with just a plastic windshield. But it got my juices flowing again.

The last year I was riding I was thinking of trading in for a more luxurious bike. I figured either a Suzuki 850 or a Wing.

All that said I am getting all my ducks in a row and will be getting a wing either at the end of this year or early next year. I will be asking a LOT of questions, as well as reading as many posts as needed.

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It's sad when people steal from others.
You may find a great deal on a used Goldwing, I have seen in the past some very reasonably priced 1500's with low miles. There's a Wing out there waiting for you.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You won't be regret if you buy a Wing. Once you ride, it's hard to get it out of your blood. Good luck in your surch.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello ddmann, welcome to GWOF. good luck in searching for the perfect wing to buy

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from a fellow Spokanite!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Welcome, ddman from Texas. I got my wing in '09 and absolutely love it. Get one as soon as you can!

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Welcome from to the forum from Canada, your neighbors to the north. When you get into it again you will absolutely love it.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Welcome to the world of Wings from Central Washington. You'll love them and have a lot of fun too. We have great riding country as you well know.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome, you will find plenty of answers on this forum!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts