Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first group ride since coming back from fires was with my GWRRA chapter to Greenville for MS-Q’s Fun Day. It was a great day, sunny with temperatures starting around 60 and getting into the low 80’s. We started out with 16 bikes and added another in Yazoo City. It was held at a park right on the Mississippi River and well attended by a couple different motorcycle groups. They even had some bike contests such as slow ride, water balloon toss, road kill, egg pick-up, and biting a hotdog. Mostly the Harley group was the winners of those contests but we had fun. My wife still isn't up to riding so I just watched. Some of our group left early but for those who stuck it out, afterwards we stopped at Doe’s, in Greenville, for a steak and then rode home. (Very good steak and with the price I paid it had to be, so no complaints. Other than what I just said.) Coming home after sunset was a nice site with 12bikes in front of me. When we went around the curves the lights sure was a site. It was about a 250 mile day.

Pictures are our group arriving, the Mississippi River, a couple of the contests. Sorry I didn't get one of the hot dog biting.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Looks like it was a great day for a ride. Thanks for the pics..

·
Super Moderator
28,455 Posts
Thanks for the pics Mark. Glad you had fun.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Good outing Mark! Em, tell me she caught that balloon (I assume it's full of water?)

·
Premium Member
23,776 Posts
You riders do it in the dirt. The bike contest I attended ( as a spectator only ) last month was held on an asphalt parking lot adjacent to the motel. I wonder if my over- wide non- stock rear tire would have given me an advantage on the turf ?

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good outing Mark! Em, tell me she caught that balloon (I assume it's full of water?)
Yep, they were full of water. They kept raising the bar until all but one missed it. We were waiting for the driver to get wet but they all missed off to the side or once even over the windshield.

·
Super Moderator
14,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wonder if my over- wide non- stock rear tire would have given me an advantage on the turf ?
I'm sure that a car tire would have made all the difference in the world.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts