Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, you know that there are things that happen (or don't) because of our actions while riding. Here are a couple, so add yours!

1. If when it looks like it is going to rain you stop to put on the rain gear, it won't rain. Enjoy your personal sauna.

2. Conversely, if you do not stop to put on the rain gear, it will rain buckets.

:confused:

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
3. When meeting someone either for dinner or whatever the occasion may be. It always takes at least an extra 1/2 hr to get there if your on your bike & not in a cage.:D

Great topic Mike, I guess you're getting excited. Ride Rapier Ride.

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
4 - wash and wax your bike and you'll hit bugs, rain, or a dusty road.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
no matter where it lays in the road, I will be in the perfect position to drive over it.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Here in the Northwest, no matter which way you travel, you always end up behind an RV and a row of cars in the twisties. What slows down the rv is three pirates on cruisers without windshields, their faces wapped in cloth.... going 5 under the speed limit.

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
The low fuel light always comes on right after the BIG exit with all the gas stations and food stops....

·
Registered
168 Posts
When you finally talk a first time rider to take a cruise, large bugs, rocks or something will hit her and it will sour her experience for riding.

OR

First time rider, and a butt head changes lanes, or pulls some other stupid car or truck driver stunt to scare the first timer.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
If you have waited all week for a day off to ride, it's gonna be raining, very windy or some unremembered obligation will grab you.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3. Great topic Mike, I guess you're getting excited. Ride Rapier Ride.
Yeah, but the result isn't good! Have had a bit of a hard time sleeping the past couple of nights. Guess I'll have to resort to a shot or two of caribbean rum before bed time - just for medicinal purposes.

And so that I don't hijack my own thread:

Developing a checklist of things to take on a trip only ensures that you'll forget something.

·
Premium Member
1,922 Posts
Getting a new bike will do a couple of things to you.
#1 Ruin your work ethic, you will be little more wiling to call in sick just to ride.
#2 (*Disclaimer* I dont play but my father does) You will be on a golf course thinking about ridding and not playing golf.
#3 It will be the wettest season on record for years! :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cages only signal right then turn left (or do a U turn in front of you) when you're on a bike (except in Florida where all little old ladies do it to everyone).

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
never ask me to be the lead rider of a group, i know the loooong way everywhere

·
Registered
470 Posts
As sure as I'm typing this; Sooner or later a cage driver will try to "share" your space on the road.
I once lived next door to an older fellow, he watched with great amusement every time he saw me riding in or out.
One day out of the Blue he started to ask me about riding, he firmly believed that because motorcycles take up less space..that it was fine to drive in the same lane with them!:eek: And I have had that happen more times than I want to remember!
I have been saying for years; that licence requirements should include info on ALL vehicles that are in common use on the roads! Not just the class that you are getting.
I mean, how many cagers know that it takes a loaded transport about 360ft to stop from 60mph under ideal conditions? Not many I know for a fact.
The same for new riders..how many do we see cut in & out and weave through traffic? They have no clue that the cage behind them could NEVER stop like they can?

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
We have coined the phrase, 'the pi factor' with regards to anything bikes both rides and repairs.

WHATEVER amount of time you estimate, multiply by 3.14.
A 1 hour bulb replacement = 3.14 hours etc.

So far, it seems to be working out about right.

·
Registered
123 Posts
We have coined the phrase, 'the pi factor' with regards to anything bikes both rides and repairs.

WHATEVER amount of time you estimate, multiply by 3.14.
A 1 hour bulb replacement = 3.14 hours etc.

So far, it seems to be working out about right.
LOL, how true. 'course the same is true with almost everything I repair.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here is one for the ladies, if you are concerned about "Helmet Hair", pop the top button or two.

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Here is one for the ladies, if you are concerned about "Helmet Hair", pop the top button or two.
Now I don't care what you say "That's Funny".:D:D:D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts