Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am married to a woman who surely could have been a pioneer woman of the highest regard; we went on a three and a half day motorcycle trip that spanned over eighteen hundred miles. we averaged right at 536 miles per day - long days. We left here Wednesday evening at 5:15 pm and got back here Sunday morning at around 12:20 am. We left the motel each morning around 8:30 am and pulled into the next motel around 9:30-10 pm every night. Through all that - I never heard a peep from my wonderful wife; she loves to ride!

At 9:30 last night we were sitting in a long stopped one lane traffic clog on I-74 just outside of Cincinnati Ohio, and I told Sweetie, that most wives were home sitting on the couch and here she was sitting on the back of a motorcycle stuck in a long line of traffic in the middle of the interstate and going nowhere at 9:30; she laughed.

We visited Watkins Glen State Park which was our ultimate destination for this trip.http://nysparks.com/parks/142/details.aspx

I'm sure many here know of that place but as much as I have run through that part of the state of NY I had never heard of it until recently and since my wife loves those kinds of places I thought it would be a great place to take her. It is really something to see and you can see it in half a day if you wish. A hand tip: park on the street around town and save yourself some money.

Also run into some nice folks at a stop for ice cream and they told us of an attraction we had to see: the Kinzua Bridge just outside of town and they had us follow them to see it. What a site! Here is the link to that info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinzua_Bridge

We also loved Gallipolis, Ohio; we stopped for a time at the park in town; sat on a bench and ate a snack that we had as we watched the afternoons activities on the river and walked in the park. This is me pulling up from another spot closer to the bench.... pops, can't seem to post it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,052 Posts
You have found a treasure in your wife. Glad you had a great trip with a great riding buddy. I've been to Watkins Glen and it is really a nice place to visit. Thanks for the link and pics..

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
It is a wise man who knows when he has been blessed. Thanks for the trip report and for honoring your better half. I'm similarly blessed, for 30 years, and there is no human being I hold in higher esteem than my wife.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Sounds like long days,glad you had a great ride.

·
Administrator
29,079 Posts
l.c.,

Although I really enjoy riding with my buddies, I can say that the best & most special riding time I ever had was when my little lady & I went on our own. We would frequently hit high mileage see as much as we could & traveled so well together that it resembled a fine tuned professional sports team.

Treasure your riding time together for some day it may not be there.:(

Thanks for a great report. By the way isn't the walk down through the Glen awesome!

·
Premium Member
24,522 Posts
You are indeed fortunate. My sig other doesn't travel all that well (she gets antsy in a car fer gosh sakes). I have to plan my days so that she doesn't get cooped up and avoid making her cranky. Happy wife, happy life.

G

·
Good for you.Compliments to your wife will get you many more miles........and you are good at it.
Just kidding....I enjoy riding my bike with the love of my life.
In the future I plan on taking my wife too.
{If she sees this,is not the bike that broke my legs). Enjoy your rides.

·
Super Moderator
15,178 Posts
you are a blessed man lakecharles

·
Administrator
15,407 Posts
Thanks for the story and links. That looks like a slot canyon out west. Pretty neat, I didn't realize there were such in the east.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts