Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being retired is great. Especially if you own a gold wing. It rained all day today so I stayed in and lacks the little red. Yesterday I wrote from Canon city to Salida and back. A total of about 130 miles. It was a short ride but it goes through the Bighorn Sheep canyon and is one of the most beautiful rides in Colorado. It follows the Arkansas River and all of its twists and curves. I saw a lot of rafters on the river. The canyon is an extension of the Royal Gorge. If you ever get a chance you may want to try this ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
I'll be through there in about 2 weeks. :) Isaac

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Thanks lw...'nuther one for the list.;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Man, ya just don't see that here in the 'burbs of Chicago. Even if you drive out of the burbs you only see flatland and corn. Just got back from Kentucky (Ft. Knox area). Some beautiful hill country there. The "bluffs of Baraboo", WI area has some pretty cool riding roads too, but that's about it around here.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Guess I'll have to add that to the Royal Gorge trip! Thanks!

·
Administrator
15,315 Posts
I will get out to Colorado one day. I'll be sure to get info from you and one I know to do is the Cache La Poudre canyon from Fort Collings up and over Cameron Pass to Walden. I used to work in Gould and it sure was pretty.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I was just looking at some of your USA maps many states travled gosh I hope one day to be able to load the Trike with my wife and a few changes of clothing pull a camper and see what many of you have already seen WOW !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.