Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We rode through the country to get over to Bean Blossom and took 45 all the way over to Bloomington then west on 46 until 43. 43 is a great road! It went on and on. We got off onto 54 and took that S. to 58; West on 58 to 231 and then S toward Loogootee. aWe stopped just just north of Loogootee at Stoll's Lakeview Restaurant The food was so so today but the view is great and relaxing. Went on into Loogootee after lunch and filled up the 'Wing then west on 150/50 to a caution light. Took that county road N. just enjoying a nice ride through amish country. Took a right somewhere up the road - on one of the few hard top roads around that area and stopped to watch two guys disking with horses. Each had a seven horse hitch. They both stopped and rested the horses while we gabbed about the weather and with all the rain how there would most likely be lots of beans planted to replace the corn.

We had fun trying to work our way back to civilization and all in all... it was over 260 miles.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It's always great and relaxing to get out for a nice day ride, glad you enjoyed it. I was going to go today also but we had rain the last 2 days and I just got my bike cleaned up from my last trip and didn't want to get it dirty so soon. :eek:

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
well if its dry enough to ride in indiana today it should be dry here tomorrow. glad you had a fun day ofriding

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You must live in Ohio I guess DET; I went to your profile to check since you list co-ordinance info, but that was the only thing listed. What's up with that anyway.. you in spy business or something?

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
You must live in Ohio I guess DET; I went to your profile to check since you list co-ordinance info, but that was the only thing listed. What's up with that anyway.. you in spy business or something?
not ohio just a little farther north, one state north. seeing that i'm in the spy biz its not wise to give away my exact location :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not ohio just a little farther north, one state north. seeing that i'm in the spy biz its not wise to give away my exact location :)

I certainly understand, and I don't blame you a bit! A spy can never be too careful.

·
Super Moderator
14,413 Posts
Very good ride. Looks inviting. I will be heading up to Michigan in late June or July and was going to go up the east side of Illinois. I may have to rethink that.....

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
We rode through the country to get over to Bean Blossom and took 45 all the way over to Bloomington then west on 46 until 43. 43 is a great road! It went on and on. We got off onto 54 and took that S. to 58; West on 58 to 231 and then S toward Loogootee. aWe stopped just just north of Loogootee at Stoll's Lakeview Restaurant The food was so so today but the view is great and relaxing. Went on into Loogootee after lunch and filled up the 'Wing then west on 150/50 to a caution light. Took that county road N. just enjoying a nice ride through amish country. Took a right somewhere up the road - on one of the few hard top roads around that area and stopped to watch two guys disking with horses. Each had a seven horse hitch. They both stopped and rested the horses while we gabbed about the weather and with all the rain how there would most likely be lots of beans planted to replace the corn.

We had fun trying to work our way back to civilization and all in all... it was over 260 miles.
I spend quite a bit of time ridding in S IN. I rode down 160 into Salem on Tue and down 135, 62, and H64 and I64.
Do you ever get over to Little Zagrebs in Bloomington? We will have to meet there one day this summer if we can find time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I spend quite a bit of time ridding in S IN. I rode down 160 into Salem on Tue and down 135, 62, and H64 and I64.
Do you ever get over to Little Zagrebs in Bloomington? We will have to meet there one day this summer if we can find time.
I see you are from KY Ralph.... what in the world is Wildcat doing over in the Hoosier Nation?

No, I am not familiar with Little Zagrebs, probably because as a Purdue Boliermaker Bloomington is only a place to pass through for me - never a destination. Seriously, I just have never been there. Have not heard of the place. I would try it though.... what kind of food? What is it like?

How about Nashville? You ride up 135, through Story, and end up there at all? We often go there and set and watch the motorcycles, cars, and crazies meander through town on a lazy weekend day; through the week for that matter. A couple of weeks ago we rode down through So. Ind to 37 and took it all the way to 64, and then over to the Overlook, then on east to Corydon and North on 135 to 58 and in to Columbus, then up and back west to home.

That 58 is a nice ride.

Let's catch up some place. We did a ride down to Madison about three weeks ago; we often cross the bridge, head east along the river to the locks, rest there, and then cross over and head back to Madison and then home. That is a nice ride which I am sure you are probably aware of. Go Cats!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
It was a great ride day.
We left the Indy area-traveled StRd9 South to StRd7 South to Madison(Ohio River)
Lunch @ the LightHouse floating restaurant.
Ice Cream @ Madison Creamery
Return trip via StRd 421 North to StRd3 to US52
One of the best riding days, weather wise, we've had in a long time!
Another great ride day today(Saturday) as my CMA chapter has it monthly meeting and ride. Heading East today!

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
You must be a spy for FORD MOTOR CO. LOL By the way, nice gps cord.
a spy never tells who he's working for and actually i got it here www.noaa.gov while checking the weather.:D see i told ya if its warm and dry enough to ride in indiana it should be warm and dry enough to ride here. good to see you had a fun day of riding lakecharles, i still have a bit ifa cold and the cool air is making me loose my voice so i have only taken a few short rides

·
Registered
93 Posts
I was wondreing where all you fellow hooisers where from ? well to far for me.I am from the north.like north of Ft. Wayne. Was riding in Michigan today. Saw some dark clouds moving in,so i got my tail for home. made it JUST in time.Rained like crazy,but i was home so i didn't care

1 - 13 of 13 Posts