Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
80 degrees and 200 miles today, was nice to get out. Lots of twisties but I took it easy for the most part. My wife actually likes to see the scenery, go figure. Really enjoying the bike thus far and it's sport bike like handling. Still need to play around with the highway pegs adjustment. Stopped and had a burger in Crawford but didn't see George W. He's been seen there many times. It was very windy, but the bike handles well given it's large surface area. All in all a great day. Hope spring hits the rest of you soon!

·
Super Moderator
9,854 Posts
Glad you got to ride today. Temps were in the 40's here today, but wind and ground temps are still cold. Still snow around and lots of potholes. So it still be a few weeks until my Wing gets out. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
Yes it was a great day to ride. I've been in your area but not on a bike. I helped cover a few counties around that area for wildfires a few years ago. I had a couple engines and dozers to assist the local fire departments as needed. Sure wish I had a bike.

·
Registered
41 Posts
We left Ohio while it was snowing on Thursday and are now enjoying warm weather for a week in San Antonio. I could get used to this! Looking forward to retirement down here in a few years (but not growing old). Didn't bring the Wing but might rent one for a day or two.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it was a great day to ride. I've been in your area but not on a bike. I helped cover a few counties around that area for wildfires a few years ago. I had a couple engines and dozers to assist the local fire departments as needed. Sure wish I had a bike.
We had 6,000 acre fire just this Friday. I wonder if the one you speak of wasn't right outside my town. We had a really nasty fire a few years back. Thanks for your help.

·
Super Moderator
14,422 Posts
While I have been to Texas quite a few times my actual fire experience there isn't much. Every time I go the fires quiet down and spend our time "all dressed up with nowhere to go". Last time I was around Crawford we went to a few fires but the fire departments had them out before we arrived. Good on them, they were doing a great job.

Last year I worked out of Kingsville and went to three fires in the two weeks I was there. Just makes me want to spend a couple weeks riding around the hill country and all over the state. I'm trying to talk a group into going next year. This year is Gettysburg.

Sorry to hijack the thread.....

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would like to get out your way some day on a bike. We always wind up going west. From as far south as Tombstone to last years trip up to Montana. We were headed to Yellowstone but it was still snowing so we spent a few extra days in Cody.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The Boss (wife) and I did about 150 miles yesterday cruising our way down to Port St. Lucie for a 70th birthday party of a family friend and back again. Both ways were the most indirect path I could think of. Today we did about 100 miles heading up to Melbourne to look for helmets. I had them order the one I wanted. The place (Cycle Gear) had maybe 125-150 helmets of all kinds. Of course I found one that was almost what I wanted----At least I'll have a brain bucket by Wednesday......:D We have a little 250 mile trip planned for Saturday...wow I'm using a lot of sunscreen lately.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts