Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my bike being on hold due to some service issues ;I had my first long weekend ride today with my 10 year old son. The temperature was close to 70 and just a few nice puffy clounds
here and there.
I know what I like so much about riding a Golwing;
its the freedom;the experience;the comfort zone that only a goldwing can deliver.For anybody that is stessed or depressed I
srongly recomend a 100 mile ride insted of the pill. Fell your body and mind heal; as you feel so connnected to life and everything that is really important when you think about it.
I hope some of you understand what I am feeling as I write because I so much want it for you.
I hope you understand!!!!
Thanks,
Donald Lang

·
Premium Member
23,759 Posts
Yes sir Donald ! I see the afflatus of spring has arrived for you. What else could make a man wax so eloquent in speech ? Slowly and inexorably that feeling is awakening up here. Thanks for reminding me of the Nirvana to come!

·
Super Moderator
9,878 Posts
Hopefully we further up north will soon have that same feeling. Glad you got to ride with your son. Ride safe..

·
Super Moderator
28,446 Posts
Hopefully we further up north will soon have that same feeling. Glad you got to ride with your son. Ride safe..

Won't be long now my friend. Actually going to spend the day putting on some "goodies" I've been stock piling. Yeah!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Dang Donald, Poetic and rides, I bet the women flock to you. And using the kid to represent a careing single DAD. IF YOU GOT THE SCAM, YOU THE MAN!:D

·
Super Moderator
14,469 Posts
Yesterday was a good day to ride in Mississippi. The Jackson area was cloudy and cool but our group found the sun over near Port Gibson. Took the Old Port Gibson Road from Raymond to Grand Gulf on the Mississippi River. It’s the road Grant and Sherman took on their way to Jackson and then Vicksburg. Good 200 mile day with a stop for fried chicken at the Old Country Store in Lorman. Took the Natchez Trace back up to Jackson.

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
weel i have a blown fork seal on the 1500 and with no place to work on it my first ride will be this comming friday or saturday to the shop

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Youre right as rain, Donald

A 15 minute ride on a motorcycle is a 15 minute vacation. Actually its better. A short ride on a motorcycle produces a happy feeling just like returning from a wonderful weekend in the mountains only you didn't have to take the squawling and unnappreciative kids, don't have to clean out the port a potty, don't have a ton of dishes to catch up on nor shelves to restock. No boat to swamp out either. Just park her in the shade, cover and look forward to the next 15 minute ride......20 minutes from now! (hehehehe :rolleyes:)

BTW, the positive effect is doubled on a Gold Wing. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
In cold Alberta I got a 3 hour ride in on my 2000se last night first one for the year now today raining and is suposed to snow tomorrow but there is always next week.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yesterday was a good day to ride in Mississippi. The Jackson area was cloudy and cool but our group found the sun over near Port Gibson. Took the Old Port Gibson Road from Raymond to Grand Gulf on the Mississippi River. It’s the road Grant and Sherman took on their way to Jackson and then Vicksburg. Good 200 mile day with a stop for fried chicken at the Old Country Store in Lorman. Took the Natchez Trace back up to Jackson.
I bet you guys ride year round and eat good when you do ride!
Have fun in the SUN!
Donald Lang

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It won;t be long.

Yes sir Donald ! I see the afflatus of spring has arrived for you. What else could make a man wax so eloquent in speech ? Slowly and inexorably that feeling is awakening up here. Thanks for reminding me of the Nirvana to come!
Just around the corner my freind!

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
well i fibbed donald i took the 1500 out of my neighbors garage reconnected the cables, fired it up and went for my first ride this year. i'm still taking it to the shop by the weekend

1 - 16 of 16 Posts