Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lil Red has shim in cup valve adjustment and only needs to be checked at 35,000 miles, No need to change the timeing belt, It has a chain. Computer is faster at changeing mixture with change of alt. I love this bike.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Very true and 2012 GW= approx. 25k and my pristine 95 Aspencade=3.5k. Timing belts I can afford, a new GW I cannot. Glad you afford the new ones.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Very true and 2012 GW= approx. 25k and my pristine 95 Aspencade=3.5k. Timing belts I can afford, a new GW I cannot. Glad you afford the new ones.
Who amongst us cannot refer to the days we filed the distributor points with fond memories ?

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Ah yes, multi-feeler guage in the tool pouch, strips of sandpaper, hay-wire, the stuff of fond memories. Thankfully they are just memories now!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Most of my vehicles have had electronic ignition and except for one sled, one car and my 83 shadow(which I still have) all have been fuel injected

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
i don't understand why honda went with bucket and shim's for the valve adjustment on the 1800 wings, seem like a step in the wrong direction

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
And crapy plugs 25000km every year we got to change them it doesn't make any sense

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
306 Posts
Does the 1800 have a solid or hydrolic lifter camshaft? The solid cam would explain needed adjustments.

I remember the old points, one of GM's best inventions was HEI.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I still have my hand in it regarding points and condensers with my 57 Chevy. I love the old simple mechanics!!! :)

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
Does the 1800 have a solid or hydrolic lifter camshaft? The solid cam would explain needed adjustments.

I remember the old points, one of GM's best inventions was HEI.
the old 4 cylinder nighthawks reved up to 9500 rpm and had hyd lifters there is no reason an 1800 wing couldn't have hyd lifters

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I rode a 95 aspy and a vtx. Good bike but Lil Red is my retirement bike. It will out last me. Add a lietime of bike mechanics, plenty of time and a good shop man. as well as a well stocked tool box and you have a retirement program.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
I rode a 95 aspy and a vtx. Good bike but Lil Red is my retirement bike. It will out last me. Add a lietime of bike mechanics, plenty of time and a good shop man. as well as a well stocked tool box and you have a retirement program.
You're a blessed man, a new Wing, a new move to Colorado (my favorite state) and a good woman. Life doesn't get much better than that. :D

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Ah yes, multi-feeler guage in the tool pouch, strips of sandpaper, hay-wire, the stuff of fond memories. Thankfully they are just memories now!
Just memories?????? Heck, I still have all that in my tool boxes! :eek: :eek:

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Didn't say I don't have them anymore, just don't have the need to carry 'em;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.