Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys my wife wants to get me something for christmas so i said a gps for my wing , what ones do you guys have and which one should i get?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have a Garmin 1490 that I just bought, I had a 1450 that I dropped, it was good too. I really like a few things about this unit, its bright, bright enough to see on the wing in the sunlight and with sun glasses on. Second, it is big 5" screen, so it easy to read, and its cheap- the 1490LT ( lifetime maps) was 139.00 at tiger direct. To this is not too expensive if it were ( like the 1450 ) drop.

I found this on line:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6658190&CatId=4076

its cheaper in the store than on line, also if you can find the same unit refurbished its about 100 bucks- and it carries the same warrenty os the new.
I hope this helps

Oh, one more thing I have had a few people send me mounting ideas for this very unit on the wing. I think it is a popular choice.
I currently mount it right to the stock windshield which works fine, but on the V stream it will not stick So am looking at mounting the unit on the resivoir cover instead.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks but is there any place to buy mounts?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
This has me thinking...I have 2 GPs's in the plane, why not the Wing?

·
Super Moderator
9,845 Posts
Gamin Nuvi 1350LMT. Replaced a Nuvi 760 which I lost (or at least can't find). Works well on the bike and cage. I bought a Glarestomper shade for when I use on the bike. Has lifetime map updates so that cuts down on future costs...

It's not waterproof, but that's what they make zip lock plastic bags for....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts