Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No fooling?? I certainly thought there would be one ready to go. What is the best option for adding one, or getting my Garmin operational? Thanks

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
The GPS boys should be along anytime to help.

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
What year wing? If it's a 2001 or newer you have to remove the left fairing pocket & there's a black boot with all the connections in there.

Mark

·
Banned
466 Posts
Are you indicating the Garmin unit itself does not have an audio output?

What is the model of the unit, there are dozens of Garmin's. Lots of the newer automotive Garmins do not have a 3.5mm output (so I have been told).

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Sorry, no. That is only for mp3 players.
Actually Lee, that is incorrect....you can't play both.....but if you have a GPS that also plays MP3's like mine.....yes you can hook it up to the auxillary. Control your volume with the bike & change music with the touch screen on your GPS!

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
Well for one the High dollar water proof one is called the Garmin Zumo 660. (about $650.00)

Then you have the 550 zumo with xm too.

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-Zumo-3-5-Inch-Portable-Navigator/dp/B000H2W4E6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1351730254&sr=1-1&keywords=garmin+zumo+550+motorcycle+gps
around $800.00

These things are expensive.

I have a Nuvi 760 which I bought for $200.00 refurbished. It is NOT water proof. So when it rains I either put a zip lock bag over it or put it in the trunk for safe keeping.

Mark

·
Banned
466 Posts
The Zumo 665 solves the MP3, XM, GPS, audio books, traffic and weather issue all in-one but at a steep price. I sat behind a jack-knifed semi in Florida in a driving rain and the Zumo 665 was literally soaked. No problem. It (according to the specs) can be submerged - Yikes. It is glove-friendly and supposedly insulated from the vibration inherent in motorcycles.

It is expensive but I am glad I bought it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We have the Zumo 660 on both Wings. Plugged into the Aux input and use the MP3 in the Zumo. Works perfect. Only down side is you can't listen to AM/FM and Zumo audio directions at the same time. I use the same thing in the truck and just plug into the sterio Aux.

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Actually Lee, that is incorrect....you can't play both.....but if you have a GPS that also plays MP3's like mine.....yes you can hook it up to the auxillary. Control your volume with the bike & change music with the touch screen on your GPS!

Mark
I am so far behind the times. I still have a flip face phone. I'm a dinosaur.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.