Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gps

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Freighthauler 
#1 ·
i did a search for this thread on this forums but my iphone didnt show anything , but im looking for a GPS because my iphone sucked this weekend with the Garmin installed on that, can anyone recomend one ? but dont want to pay a arm and a leg for one

#2 ·
Hmmm You could mount any gps on it with the proper mount. (I like Mount Guys)
There are plusses and minuses to all of them. I had a Nuve 50 on the VTX and it included lifetime map updates but it isnt water proof. The ones that are are high priced. Plus, you will need a poweroutlet on most of them. I payed over $500.00 for a tomtom rider2 which worked well until the battery went bade in it. I called TomTom only to find out they still sold that unit but wouldnt work on it and didn't have parts for it. I took it off of the bike and mounted the Garmin. Now the new wing has it built in and I love it.

#3 ·
One word of advice......Don't use Don's:eek:

#5 ·
Yea I found that out friday

#4 ·
lots of options. I bought a blutooth gps and put in the trunk. Already had installed a plug to keep it charged. I got a gps that gives advance warning, 'change lanes' etc.
It is safe from weather or thieves.

I can't talk back due to wind noise but really hasn't been a problem. I enter destination before I leave or stop to change it.

A tomtom for under a $100. so far so good.

#6 ·
I have a Garmin Nuvi 14xxLMT. You can get a Nuvi with life time map updates (LMT) for around $120 on up. (I paid $90 for lifetime updates on my old Nuvi) If you don't go with the bluetooth options they are quite reasonable. Mine is not waterproof so I just carry a plastic bag to cover the unit in the rain. The one's made specifically for a m/c are quite expensive but are nice. ($550 on up)

I bought my first Nuvi off of eBay as a referb and used it for 4 years until I lost it (around the house, not on the road). Another maker of GPS units is Tom Tom which some folks like as well.

#7 ·
I ordered my Garmin Zumo 660 yesterday , should be here by Friday , think I might ride up to Philly Sunday to try it out

#11 ·
You went the top of the line expensive route... Let us know how you like it and how it works..:)

#9 ·
I have an old Garmin 2570 and as long as put the locations in separate pieces, it works like a charm. I do want one that will download my routes from googlemaps.

#10 ·
This one I'm getting does that plus it's a MP3 player built in

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.