Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here...looks like a great resource. Got my RAM mount for Zumo 550, now I need a recommendation for the best way to wire it. Is there an "always hot" wire anywhere in the vicinity of the left handlebar or would I be better off wiring it directly to the battery? If it's the latter, any secret methods for running the wire without removing 50 pieces of plastic? :)

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
692 Posts
... Howdy ... What I Did Is ... Bought A Single Aux Power/cig Lighter Routed And Cut Wires From Left Front Pocket And Hard Wired To The Batt. ... Now I Can Plug In My Tom-tom --marine Radio == Even My Laptop ... Happy Trails ...

·
Registered
2,835 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
I agree with Joe. A Garmin will turn its self off if you cut the fower to it so when you put it away for a week you won't have a dead batt. (Probably take longer than that)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an '06 Wing and mounted my Zumo 550 on the left handle bar, with the supplied mount. I then ran the connecter down to the left pocket and throuh the MP3 hole (I sliced the grommet to make room for the wire and iPod lead.) Then, I removed the pocket, left trim down side of bike and ran it back to my battery accessory screws (if you look close they will have +/- signs near them.) I may end up chaning this, but it works fine for now and shuts of the Zumo when I power down.

My GL1800 has the built-in GPS, but the Zumo is far superior. I had it on my old GL1500 and did not hestiate to hook it up on the GL1800. Love the way I can use my iPhone with a Scala bluetooth.

Good rides.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts