Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I recently bought an '06 Goldwing and have a Garmin 660 "Zumo Mororcycle" GPS. I want to hook up the GPS to my radio speakers on the cycle. Does anyone know if the Goldwing's radio has a headphone or speaker out jack built in??

Thanks!

sjncousin

·
Super Moderator
9,856 Posts
This is from the Garmin website:

With nüvi 660's wireless FM transmitter*, you can hear audio, including voice prompts, MP3s and audio books, through your vehicle's stereo.

I have that feature on my 680. You tune your GPS to a FM station and then set one of your presets to that FM station on the radio. You will hear GPS prompts through your headset.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Chromeworld has a bit of electronics that will work . I have a zumo 550 and bought the 1500 kit and it works great. I even have bluetooth and can dial/answer from my gps.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I'm not familiar with that GPS but if it has a port for an external speaker you can plug it into the AUX port under the left fairing pocket and it will come through the speakers when you use the AUX function.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the replies! "joe in calif"[/B] Your answer was what I was looking for. I was wondering if there was an AUX port somewhere on the '06 GW--the GPS does have a speaker-out port that I can run a PIN plug from. I sure hope Honda put in an AUX port on this bike! (I live in MN & the GW is in storage in another city/place at this time.) So I'll have to look for the port the next time I check the cycle. I'll check to see if the GPS has an FM transmitter also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts