Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Goldwing had the Nav package. I've thoroughly read the owners manual and Nav manual. My question is, does the GPS run in the background as soon as the ignition is turned on?

I can find no where in either manual where you can turn the GPS unit off when you aren't using it. I don't see and sense to leaving it turned on when it's not needed.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
On my 07, its there all the time once the key is turned on either to on or acc. After the welcome announcement, you have to hit the enter key to activate the GPS screen. I suppose if you didn't hit the enter button, it would not be activated, at least screen wise. Don't understand why you would want it off anyway, but remember that you can only make changes while your sitting still, motor running or not. So, if you don't hit the enter button at first, you will have to pull over to re-activate the screen should you decide to see just where your lost at. I find it useful for instance if I know what street something is on, and I use it to determine when to change lanes to make the turn. Its there to use so I use mine all the time. May not watch it, but its on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts