Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2018 Goldwing. I have a Harley ultra. The Harley GPS lets me navigate to a point of interest while riding. I have to stop the motorcycle to navigate on the Honda. Is there a way to go to a point of interest while moving on the Honda?

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I have a 2012 and I can't do it without stopping the bike. Jinx has rewired his to allow him to navigate while on the move. He may chime in later. The stopping is a Honda safety feature.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
do you mean add a point of interest while riding? no, it wont. the Honda nav is part of a system. it uses the advantages carplay offers to do anything you need done. while youre riding, call up siri and state your request.. she'll give you directions to that point. all with just one touch of a button, instead of trying to hunt down and enter addresses on the fly.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
And what if you don't have carplay ?

·
Premium Member
515 Posts
Honda will never allow. This is from a Honda auto tech. This is a real safety issue. Why be looking at changing your Nav screen when should be watching what you and the bike are doing.

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Honda will never allow. This is from a Honda auto tech. This is a real safety issue. Why be looking at changing your Nav screen when should be watching what you and the bike are doing.
Then why do they let me play with the audio system or the heat or the CB ?

They also said that about remote start on their autos. But most if not all of their autos have that option.

I do have the ability to access the nav on my 17 while moving , something I don't do , and it is of little use and extremely dangerous .

·
Registered
30 Posts
JMO: While sitting on your Goldwing (I have a 208) take a look at all the buttons, knobs and switches for everything including the GPS. Honda has no problem with you looking for and manipulating any of them except the GPS! I can tune the radio, I can scan the AM/FM frequency bands, I can adjust the stereo volume, I can alter the headphones volume, I can turn on, off and adjust my grip and seat heaters. All of those things require my attention and my vision to move from the road to the various portions of the trike where the switches/knobs are located. I do not want to program a route while riding down I-40. I simply want to turn on the map display!

·
Registered
955 Posts
I really don't mind not being able to play with the navi on the fly although it would be nice for it to boot up right to the map screen. Sometimes I forget to turn on the map. Now adjusting the suspension on fly would be cool! Having to be stopped and in neutral is a pain!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
The NAVI screen versus other controls is a "fixation" thing. Otherwise it would be fine to text while driving.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.