Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the speedo on my wing was off like most of the metrics I have owned. My Sabre is off by about 10%. Some riders reported that Honda fixed this in 2009. True? I also saw others saying that they verified their speed using the GPS. I went all through the setup screens in the onboard GPS today and can't find a way to have the unit display your speed. Am I missing it or perhaps did these other folks use an alternative GPS to verify the speedo?

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I don't have the factory gps mine is the Garmin Zumo 650 and my speedo is dead on with the gps , btw I have a 2010

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Nuvi and will use that to see where I'm at unless someone points out a setting on the oem GPS.

·
Administrator
15,290 Posts
Like Gordo I have a gps that I've added. The 2010's are true to speed. I'm not sure what year they corrected it but mine is spot on with the gps.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
My 07 will NOT show your speed. Its not in the menu at all. Yes, we are using secondary GPS's to verify speed. The speedo is off by about 4 to 5 Mph at cruise. 70 indicated is about 65 true. Its a quirk but nothing you can't live with. :) Isaac

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Mine is a '09 and that's when HOnda was supposed to have 'trued' the speedos. I've tested it on a DOT test section and at 110 kph (68 mph) I'm 2% fast on the speedo reading. Nothing to worry aboutbut by the time I have 200k on the odo it will really be 196k:rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts