Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday when riding my 2009 Wing I noticed (for the first time) a small map insert in the lower left corner of my GPS that showed where I was on the map. I've never seen this insert before....did some setting change , is this a new feature, did I miss this for over a year???

Anyone know what I'm talking about???

Thanks

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Yeah, I saw it on mine when some weather (thunderstorms) were moving into the area. I'm still looking for a reference to it as well.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
This little map comes up when there is any kind of warning (Weather and/or Traffic if you have this activated). If you forget to turn on your NAV, after a stop) and you still have route guidance you will see some arrows etc also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Fredclem and Rapier....now that you mentioned it we were having some weather activity, thunderstorms moving in, on my ride home. Thanks for the input, I'll keep an eye out for it the next time a fronts moving through.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
What you probably also don't know then is: While this little popup is in the screen..... You can push the zoomin/out button (On the handlebar) and it tells you what is going on! That is actually pretty neat!

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
What you probably also don't know then is: While this little popup is in the screen..... You can push the zoomin/out button (On the handlebar) and it tells you what is going on! That is actually pretty neat!
That's the nugget of information I was missing! I couldn't figure out how to get more than what I was seeing out of the system.

Thank You!!!!! :D:D:D

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Thats cool I wonder if the 2008 has that, I dont recall seeing it on mine, But I have not come up to any bad weather yet

·
Super Moderator
9,844 Posts
The first time I had that happen on my Garmin Nuvi 680 I could not figure out what it was for either. It must be something the satellite network puts out as a warning. Nice to know...

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
In our case you have to have the weather and Traffic subscription from XM-Radio.

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Rode home today in O.M.G. weather (can you say rain, wind and HAIL?!) and although the minimap thing was showing the weather, I couldn't get the thing to zoom in with either the Navi active or not. Strange...

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Sorry guys! you got me wrong! If the Popup screen is in the left lower corner you can PUSH (not move left to right which is the same as zoom in & out) when you push.... the VOICE of the Nav. tells you why you see this screen. Example: "Flash flood warning ahead". or "Severe Thunderstorm in your area". And if you have XM traffic... it tells you "Accident in left lane in 5 miles on your route" Sorry for the misunderstanding. Try it again next time.
If you have the NAV map on display it gets a bit harder!
To get traffic you push the 'Zoom in/ out button' a few seconds then you get traffic map.
To get to the weather you move the 'zoom in/out button' to the right and hold it there till the weather screen comes up.
While you are in the weather screen you PUSH the button and your NAV voice tells you about the weather conditions.
I hope I didn't make it too complicated!
Good luck, Fred

·
Premium Member
414 Posts
Thanks, FredClem, for clearing that up!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts