Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was new to the forum about a month a ago .. Got mt 82 gl1100 and it looks and runs like a showroom bike ..No scratches cracks , rust, or leaks ..My kinda bike .. Anyhow after reading all the forums , I decides to get new belts .. I did get my belts ,Brakes , And even the special removal tool from SaberCycle .. The tool does work but, And if I was just checking the belts I may have loosened the radiator only and took the covers off.. But I did it the hard way .. seat , Gas tank , Fairing , Radiator , etc ..The belts I took off were honda belts , So they may have been original , I belts I got were made in China ,,,Barracuda Belts ..Both belts for 30 bucks ..meets or exceeds OEM .. And they look as well made as the honda belts ,, Also got the anti squeal brake kit for 32 bucks for all 3 brakes and they seem to be working well also ..No more Squealing at every stop , And way better braking... Either way I wanted to thank the members for posting how to fix these thing ,, I have put on over 2000 miles on this bike in the last month or so .. Time for an oil change .. Thanks again .. I should post a picture of this bike .. Ain't seen too many 82's that look this good anymore ..Even the Vetter baggage boxes are like new .. After buying from Sabercycle I see a few people have had a problem with them.. I recieved my Items fast , and seem to be of good quality ,, Time will tell if I made the right choice ,, But then again I work with 100 "HARLEY GUYS" And as I park my "wing" in the lot ..They all have something to say ... My new nickname at work is "WINGMAN" .... I just tell them I won't hold a grudge, And if their Harleys don't start after work ,I will still give them a ride home anytime:) Have a fun summer and happy riding I also wanted to comment on the starter I bought for 75 bucks, "DBElectronics ??" Aftermarket .. Don't be afraid to try one .. Mine works well .. I will keep posted on how long it lasts .. But I hope for many years ..

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
could have gotten belts from the auto parts store, napa #250274, goodyear #40274, gates #t274, thermostat, napa #101, stant #13868. parts may cost a little more but i don't trust much from china, their quality doesn't seem very good

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After the fact :( ...But I haven't heard anything bad about these belts either ... And believe me .. Bad news travels fast these days ..And my NAPA wanted 28 bucks apiece for the belts .. I got 2 for 32 ...Probably the same belt , as china is getting to be the best maker of a lot of things these days ..Funny how everybody hated Jap bikes the same way 30 years ago ...And even when I bought my wing last month my father in law told my wife , Its a Jap bike ..It will fall apart on him within a year or two .. Ummm Hello this bike is almost 30 years old and runs and looks like new .. I love pessimists :)

·
Super Moderator
15,235 Posts
not pessimists just picky. i still don't buy bridgestone tires and they say those are good tires now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts