Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well everyone, picked up my new 2016 Gold Wing Comfort Navi/XM. Picked it up with 6 miles on it and it's perfect. Great ride home and took my boys (13 and 10) for a small ride around the block. Can't wait to get some more miles on it.

My only "issue" is that I'm unable to skip songs on my iPhone. I've hooked up the phone to the USB dongle in the back and I'm able to select playlists, select albums, select artists, change shuffle and all of that. But I'm unable to skip a freaking song. I'm assuming I'm doing something. I have a new iPhone 11, wouldn't think that should make too much of a difference. Should I see if there is a firmware update for the Gold Wing's player (not my phone)?

I'm not sure what to change here, or what I can do different. I pay a monthly cost for music, so I don't have to buy every song I want to play, so downloading MP3z onto a USB drive isn't something I'm going to want to do. This is a very "1st" world problem I have, but would be nice to be able to skip songs using the plethora of controls that Honda has given me.

Absolutely love the bike so far. Excited to put some miles on it. Any help with the iPhone issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,556 Posts
Very nice ride. Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
9,390 Posts
Congrats on your new Wing. Looking good. Enjoy your bike and all the great times you will have..

·
Super Moderator
13,822 Posts
Glad to hear you like the bike. Sorry, I can't help with the phone question.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Nice looking bike. Enjoy the miles and smiles.

·
Administrator
25,969 Posts
Welcome and congrats!:grin2:

·
Registered
6,074 Posts
Welcome to the forum. If you can't find the answer to your question, I suggest asking the dealer. It is a new bike, after all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well everyone, picked up my new 2016 Gold Wing Comfort Navi/XM. Picked it up with 6 miles on it and it's perfect. Great ride home and took my boys (13 and 10) for a small ride around the block. Can't wait to get some more miles on it.

My only "issue" is that I'm unable to skip songs on my iPhone. I've hooked up the phone to the USB dongle in the back and I'm able to select playlists, select albums, select artists, change shuffle and all of that. But I'm unable to skip a freaking song. I'm assuming I'm doing something. I have a new iPhone 11, wouldn't think that should make too much of a difference. Should I see if there is a firmware update for the Gold Wing's player (not my phone)?

I'm not sure what to change here, or what I can do different. I pay a monthly cost for music, so I don't have to buy every song I want to play, so downloading MP3z onto a USB drive isn't something I'm going to want to do. This is a very "1st" world problem I have, but would be nice to be able to skip songs using the plethora of controls that Honda has given me.

Absolutely love the bike so far. Excited to put some miles on it. Any help with the iPhone issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks All!
Use the Channel Up/Down switch on the left handle bar controls to skip tracks... Forward or backwards depending on if you push up or down on the Channel Up/Down switch...

I use a USB drive loaded with MP3s for my music but it should work the same I'd imagine... Give it a try and let us know if it works for you...

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
I don't have an Iphone but I do use the usb jack with a SD card. Have you tried just tapping the track/CH button just below the volume button on the left handle bar . If listening to an SD card in the usb port in the trunk a quick up tap will skip to the next track. A quick tap down restart the song , two quick taps down goes back to the previous song . A long tap up goes to the next CD and a long tap down will go to the previous CD.

Don't know if it work the same with an Iphone or for that matter any smart phone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice bike.....if money was no object, that paint scheme and model year would have been the GL1800 for me. It just looks classy.

I really liked the color! To me, the color gave it a sporty feel, the color scheme and the 2017 black and blue are my favorite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts