Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Compufire alt and battery from Wingstuff lateMonday night arrived today. 20 minutes to get the stock alternator out and about 1 1/2 to get the new one in. It is tight tight in there. No skin left on my hands. I tried for about 30 minutes getting the alt to line up with the new rubbers but NO GO. Walked away took a coffee break, came back and whala, went right in. Then trying to get that little nut on the back of the main wire,$)&(@(&($(. Got it works great at Idle shows 14.62 volts.

I would not want a steady diet of be a mechanic on a goldwing. But I feel gooooood that I got it in.

My 95SE will smile now when I turn on the driving lights....:)

·
Super Moderator
12,297 Posts
It has its challenges when you have a motorcycle with an engine the size of a car.

·
Premium Member
11,290 Posts
Sometimes it just fights you all the way. You try this hand then the other hand. Even with your eyes close when you are trying really hard. Arrrr I give up and go have a coffee and come back out for another crack at it and yes.
So tell me. Do machines get some satifaction out of been a pain in the butt?

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eric,
I believe the answer to that is yes.:)

·
Premium Member
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron,
The answer to that is also YES:(

·
Super Moderator
12,297 Posts
The capacitor is the noise filter for the CB.

·
Premium Member
801 Posts
There are two capacitors on the 1500's alternator, the one on the rear of the alternator is for filtering out noise for the electronics and the capacitor that mounts on the side of the alternator is for filtering out alternator whine in the CB. I do believe that the Compufire alternator has these built in to the regulator instead of being external.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.