Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, y'all; greetings from the ATL area. Wanted to greet & introduce myself and my newly acquired '89 GL1500.
She's a beaut and I'm getting used to her, building my skill level and tinkering as I go, making sure she's up to snuff.
My last wing was a "new" '75 that my brother and I swapped back and forth through the late '70's, then let 'er go. So I'm practically a newbie.
Looking forward to my first trek into the N. GA mountains, but for now tooling around close to home 'til I'm sure we're ready.
I'll post pics after the new windshield arrives later this week, but I really appreciate this site and all the wisdom shared here. I'm learning a lot. Much obliged, everyone. -s

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello and welcome to GWOF speakeasy and welcome back to the wonderful world of two wheeling

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you kindly, Pardner. Still got lots of pretty weather to get my practice and first ride in :). -s

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Speakeasy it's good to have you on board. Yes you are correct lots of wisdom here, (not on my part mind you) & a good bunch of guys.

Anyway post pictures when you get them. Have fun riding, we're almost done up here in Pa. y'all

·
Super Moderator
9,853 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new Wing. Your lucky, enjoy the extended riding season down there.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, everyone, and you know that "y'all" can be either singular or plural, right? Just checking :).

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
you know that "y'all" can be either singular or plural, right?
Speakeasy, I've seen Paula Dean on Food Network so yes, I knew that. Even if I didn't that's my story I'm sticking to it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol; thank you, troops.
Poncho, my handle's from way back in my roadie days; tried to keep my mouth shut on the CB unless necessary.
There's a passage in Proverbs that (paraphrased) says that "Even a fool, if he keeps his mouth shut, appears wise."
Trait that i've often aspired to, never quite achieved (note my signature)....
I appreicate very much the welcome. -s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts