Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum. Purchased used wing last August. Why didn't I do this a long time ago? Two weeks around town and Pittsburgh to Texas and back over Labor Day. On the down side the passenger kept asking why I hadn't turned on the air conditioner.

· Super Moderator
15,506 Posts
hello capt, welcome to GWOF. what year and color is your wing? some nice guys in pa. near you

· Premium Member
23,971 Posts
Welcome Capt! Glad to have you aboard. Post a pic or two of your scoot if you can.

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wing

It's a 2001; found by my friendly Harley shop. Basic black; is there any other color for a motor? Has a trailer hitch; now looking for the original owner to see what happened to trailer. Pics not yet available, I'll work on it when weather clears...but if weather clears shouldn't I be riding it? Also need to replace brake lever; high winds toppled machine in driveway, snapped lever - replacement ordered, yet to arrive.

· Administrator
29,736 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, Capt. The Keystone is well represented. Possibly 2nd only to the Lone Star.

Question for you. Wasn't Zepka HD was it?

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harley dealer is Steel City

But then again what else can you expect out of Pittsburgh. And they are also a Honda dealer. Is that an original "police" motor in the pic and is it really in service?

· Super Moderator
8,113 Posts
But then again what else can you expect out of Pittsburgh. And they are also a Honda dealer. Is that an original "police" motor in the pic and is it really in service?
I found the picture while doing a 'Google' search.
I think the photo is from a Texas police department.

I have it there as 'Forum Spam Police', keeping the forum free of spammers

· Super Moderator
10,428 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another rider from the Keystone state. Congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

· Registered
6,709 Posts
Welcome to the forum Capt. Glad to see you got the fast color. Enjoy your wing. From your neighbor over the mountain.

· Super Moderator
13,354 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

· Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Capt, from Texas. Where did you travel to in the Lone Star State from Pittsburgh?

· Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
willmax

I visited West, Texas at the Czech festival on the weekend before Labor Day. And since I wasn't going to ride through Dallas I was able to see some of the fires live as I travelled 59 back to Texarkana. Was a good thing since I had to replace front wheel and tire there due to road debris at Waco. Whoever would have thought someone would put a curb stop in the middle of I-35?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.