Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum. Purchased used wing last August. Why didn't I do this a long time ago? Two weeks around town and Pittsburgh to Texas and back over Labor Day. On the down side the passenger kept asking why I hadn't turned on the air conditioner.

·
Super Moderator
15,163 Posts
hello capt, welcome to GWOF. what year and color is your wing? some nice guys in pa. near you

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Welcome Capt! Glad to have you aboard. Post a pic or two of your scoot if you can.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wing

It's a 2001; found by my friendly Harley shop. Basic black; is there any other color for a motor? Has a trailer hitch; now looking for the original owner to see what happened to trailer. Pics not yet available, I'll work on it when weather clears...but if weather clears shouldn't I be riding it? Also need to replace brake lever; high winds toppled machine in driveway, snapped lever - replacement ordered, yet to arrive.

·
Administrator
29,017 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, Capt. The Keystone is well represented. Possibly 2nd only to the Lone Star.

Question for you. Wasn't Zepka HD was it?

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Congrats on the new 2 U Wing.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Harley dealer is Steel City

But then again what else can you expect out of Pittsburgh. And they are also a Honda dealer. Is that an original "police" motor in the pic and is it really in service?

·
Super Moderator
7,610 Posts
But then again what else can you expect out of Pittsburgh. And they are also a Honda dealer. Is that an original "police" motor in the pic and is it really in service?
I found the picture while doing a 'Google' search.
I think the photo is from a Texas police department.

I have it there as 'Forum Spam Police', keeping the forum free of spammers

·
Super Moderator
10,002 Posts
Welcome to the forum from another rider from the Keystone state. Congrats on your new Wing. Ride safe and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum Capt. Glad to see you got the fast color. Enjoy your wing. From your neighbor over the mountain.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF, you have some good company there in Pa., I think.!!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, Capt, from Texas. Where did you travel to in the Lone Star State from Pittsburgh?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
willmax

I visited West, Texas at the Czech festival on the weekend before Labor Day. And since I wasn't going to ride through Dallas I was able to see some of the fires live as I travelled 59 back to Texarkana. Was a good thing since I had to replace front wheel and tire there due to road debris at Waco. Whoever would have thought someone would put a curb stop in the middle of I-35?

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I visited West, Texas at the Czech festival on the weekend before Labor Day. And since I wasn't going to ride through Dallas I was able to see some of the fires live as I travelled 59 back to Texarkana. Was a good thing since I had to replace front wheel and tire there due to road debris at Waco. Whoever would have thought someone would put a curb stop in the middle of I-35?

I used to dove hunt down that way years ago. Nice folks with some really good food in the local cafes. You're absolutely right about the condition of I-35. Carries an enormous amount of interstate truck traffic and stays torn up. Not a good road to ride in a car, much less a motorcycle. You were riding through during our hottest summer on record; hope you'll have a chance to come back when it's a bit less toasty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I-35

I used to dove hunt down that way years ago. Nice folks with some really good food in the local cafes. You're absolutely right about the condition of I-35. Carries an enormous amount of interstate truck traffic and stays torn up. Not a good road to ride in a car, much less a motorcycle. You were riding through during our hottest summer on record; hope you'll have a chance to come back when it's a bit less toasty.
No, I am serious about the concrete curb stop perpendicular to the highway at the edge of one of the Waco underpasses. I'll just have to post the pic. If you roll the wheel it will stop with the valve stem down because that side is FLAT. Didn't deflate the tire but did make for slow ride to Texarkana; who knew there'd be a Honda dealer in Marshall and that they'd be open on Labor Day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts