Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I am new to this forum. i currenty ride a VTX1300 and thinking about upgrading to a Goldwing.

I found one at the local Honda dealership--now I need your opnion if its a good deal or not. They were asking 1699.00 and I told them I would give them 1600.00

Its a 2008 titanum base model. It does not have heated grips,seats, or any of the other factory options. I dont really care about it not having those options, as I dont think I would hardly ever use them anyway. It has 4004 miles on it and I asked the salesman why the guy traded it in and he said the previous owner had knee trouble and traded it for a Can-am three wheeler.

It does have highway pegs, kurkyln grips and a alarm system on it. I am mainley buying it so my wife will go riding with me. She says she sits too high on the VTX and doesnt like the wind and bugs hitting her.

I know you people know the value of the Goldwings and would appreciate your opinion on this bike.

Thanks in advance PARTSMAN

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Welcome to the forum Partsman, I can't speak specificly about an 1800, but there's alot of 1800 owners that will probably chime in. As far as the bugs and wind for your passenger, some guys go with a taller windshield primarily for your passeger. I have an open face helmet and my wife has a flip down shield on hers, keeps the bugs off but still gets some wind. Anyway I'm sure both of you would love the Wing good luck!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome partsman,post the price the dealer is asking and i'm sure a bunch of the 1800 guys will respond. Your wife will love the Wing and you will too. Good Luck.
Ken '941500SE

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hello all. I am new to this forum. i currenty ride a VTX1300 and thinking about upgrading to a Goldwing.

I found one at the local Honda dealership--now I need your opnion if its a good deal or not. They were asking 1699.00 and I told them I would give them 1600.00

Its a 2008 titanum base model. It does not have heated grips,seats, or any of the other factory options. I dont really care about it not having those options, as I dont think I would hardly ever use them anyway. It has 4004 miles on it and I asked the salesman why the guy traded it in and he said the previous owner had knee trouble and traded it for a Can-am three wheeler.

It does have highway pegs, kurkyln grips and a alarm system on it. I am mainley buying it so my wife will go riding with me. She says she sits too high on the VTX and doesnt like the wind and bugs hitting her.

I know you people know the value of the Goldwings and would appreciate your opinion on this bike.

Thanks in advance PARTSMAN
IF YOU CAN BUY A 2008 goldwing for $1699.00 buy it now and dont look back to see if the dealer has a gun to his head--- if its running its easly worth $16000.00

·
Super Moderator
9,852 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Keystone state. MSRP for the 08 was probably just shy of $22k. With only 4k miles its basically a new bike thats due the first oil change. The highway pegs and grips are about $300. I don't know about the alarm system. Obviously it you could get him lower thats more $$ in your pocket.

As an FYI, I paid $17,900 for my new base model 09 last year. You might also check places like eBay for some comparison shoping. Good luck on your decision. If you do get it you will love it. Ride safe..

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
Came off a VTX 1300 last November. What a difference. I love the highway now. I bought mine off of Craigs List for $18,000. 08' , heated grips and seats, navigation, about 10,000 mile, no custom additions. The only regret about giving up the VTX is my neighbor and riding buddy rides a VTX 1300S and now we ride on different levels.

·
Registered
87 Posts
A quick check on Cycle Trader found several new and used 2008 models in that price range. If I were looking at it, a lot would be determined by when it was originally titled. As I understand the warranty on a new Gold Wing, it's 3 years/unlimited mileage. So the 4000+ miles is irrelevant but if it was titled two years ago, you'd only have 1 year of warranty left unless you buy an extended warranty. Considering that with a little looking and maybe a bit of driving you could buy a brand new 2008 for very close to the same price, time left on the warranty would have to be a dealing point for me.

Hoss

·
Registered
7 Posts
If he won't lower the price, get him to throw in the extended warrenty. It will only cost him around $400.00. That will give you piece of mind for years to come.

Good luck,
Spike

·
Registered
31 Posts
Go for it, your wife will love it. I didn’t think that I’d like such a large bike but the sport bike is seeing fewer and fewer rides as comfort takes center stage when I stand and stare at the key bowl in the entryway. Don’t dismiss the comfort package so quickly, you’ll be surprised at how well these components work and how often you use them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am sure that was a typo. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts