Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have somethings that have done well and others that have gone bad ...I think how we over come the bad things could be very helpful or a great FYI for other riders..

For instance I had custom grips on my other bike. On a three thousand mile ride the one grip cracked and started to slide off, but luckily I had electrical tape with me and was able to secure it.

I think one of the great additions of the GPS is being able to know where Honda dealers are ...I use to have to print out a list by states to know where the nearest Triumph dealer was.

I have to say though on the 1500 miles ride in 22 hours 43 minutes..the wing was very comfortable...the lighting at night was fantastic....the ability to have radio...siruis, cb...and all the other perks was great.. and she handles great. I am most likely going to name my bike the Mile Eater.....:D

·
Registered
798 Posts
Long Haul Enjoyment -

Hey Edrider, I'm with you and still enjoy the long distance trips on my Goldwing - Dudley. Now a-days, my endurance is not what it used to be so I don't press my luck. My favorite 1,000 mile rides are usually made alone when my wife doesn't come along. It is not that I'm against traveling in a small group. It's just that I've found that too many bikes traveling together can generate too many opinions on when and where to stop, how far to travel per day and what is of interest while on the road. I've also seen a couple of dangerous wrecks that took down half the group when someone misjudged their spacing or made a mistake while changing lanes.

My last few 10-14 day trips were up toward the northern corner of Tennessee so the next will be out toward Colorado in the spring. It is a time for me to relax, unwind and soak up some more memories. Are there really any bad ones....?

Michael :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.