Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started riding my 2007 Honda Goldwing in July 2020

2007 GL1800p No Dash Lights No Gauges, no fog lights no running taillights, everything else works fine. I replaced all of the fuses in the fuse box and verified all relays under the seat are working and reseated the to 2 connectors under the dash meter cluster...any suggestions anyone...

·
Super Moderator
12,265 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁 Have you checked the ignition switch? Check for incoming power at the fuse, if none found I would check the contacts on the back of the ignition as I have found more than one that has broken internally over time and has caused the problems you describe. Wish you luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum and wishing you miles of smiles.😁 Have you checked the ignition switch? Check for incoming power at the fuse, if none found I would check the contacts on the back of the ignition as I have found more than one that has broken internally over time and has caused the problems you describe. Wish you luck.
Thanks Barry this is great information!!! I am trying to see how to remove the ignition switch I see two bolts and I see two round bolts with a circle in the middle that doesn’t look like you can unscrew and when you say check For incoming power at the fuse …are you referring to a fuse in the fuse box

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks Barry this is great information!!! I am trying to see how to remove the ignition switch I see two bolts and I see two round bolts with a circle in the middle that doesn’t look like you can unscrew and when you say check For incoming power at the fuse …are you referring to a fuse in the fuse box
Check the tail light fuse first, it powers all of that stuff.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Welcome from the northern tier of PA. Enjoy the forum and ride safe.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Anybody know how I can remove the two stripped bolts so I can Remove the ignition switch
Those bolts are security bolts and you need a special bit to fit them. If that part of the ignition switch was bad, the engine wouldn’t start and run. If your horn works, the switch is good. Have you checked to see if the tail light relay is clicking when you turn on the key? Have you tried a test light on the brown/white wire at the relay with the key on? If you get power at that wire on the relay, then you might have an issue in C25, blue junction connector in the harness in front of the relay bank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've noticed a few months ago when I put the bike in reverse it backups slower than it use to therefore and I replaced the battery with a duracell is there a belt or cable I can adjust or replace while I have the bike broken down and I want to replace the headlights and fog lights with iced blue led lights does anyone have a part they recommend and where I can find these led bulbs and do you think LED Bulbs are a good idea

1 - 9 of 9 Posts